Vengeance in Mornonas

DarkMaster

First Post
As the dog falls on the ground Xavier notices an evil grin of satisfaction on his opponent face. "Your next daddy's little boy"

As Xavier implores Heireionous his body fills with a sudden surge of strenght and positive energy, his hand and blade waves under the sudden burst.

(roll 16+10; dmg 8+3) Xavier let Heireionous guide his hand and pulls out an amazing combination, feinting an attack on the right to destabilise his opponent and following up with an attack to the abdomen of his opponent. Gror in an amazing defensive move steps back quickly but loses footing when Xavier blades hits his chain mail. The blade doesn't go through but the impact pushes Gror, back against the stone ramp of the stairs. He regain balance but seems affected by his back injury. "You will pay for that"

The priest climbs the altar and dissapears down the stairs. A few second later a crossbow bolt hits one of the militian. All Xavier hears is the cable of the crossbow and a low sounds when it goes through the militian body (roll 14+2;dmg 4). The militian seriously injured turns towards the direction where the bolt came from. "Someone is hidden somewhere around here"

They both take cover and look to identify the origin of the bolt.

Round 2

Gror not paying attention to what is happening below and completly enraged by Xavier's attack, step up the stairs (5 foot step) and attack the paladin with all his hate. (roll 15;14; dmg 15) Xavier is doing his best to counter his attack, but the evil warrior is just too strong. The blades are whirlwing around him at an incredible speed, all he can do is deflect the lethal blow such that they don't seriously injure him. after a few seconds he is bleeding from at least 5 minor wounds. His cloths are completly ripped.

Xavier can see the joy in his opponent eyes.
"You a better than I taught, but not enough to even stand a chance against me HAHAHAHAHAHA" He finishes with an evil laugh.

doghead

thotd
Xavier Roces, male human Servant of Hieroneous

The appearance of the third party fills Xavier with a wild Joy.

Hieroneous watches over me. I shall walk the storm of swords and fear no harm.

Xavier surges forwards then withdraws, taking advantage of the momentary space to regain the high ground.

"You talk too much."

Xavier lanches a flurry of attacks at the black clad warrior.

ooc: 5 foot step to regain high ground if necessary. Attack, attack and more attack. Two hands, lots-o-grunting. The works.

DarkMaster

First Post
Xavier reads surprises in his opponent eyes as he keeps on figthing even after being wounded.

Xavier tries to put to best uses all the moves he learned with his fighting instructor. As he parry one of his opponent attack he notices how far his weapon went creating an opening in his defense. Without hesitation he jumps on it. (attack roll 20! 20!;dmg 7+1 x2. Wow I am starting to beleive in Heireionous :) ). Xavier overwhelmed by his opponent attack, put a knee on the step to lower himself giving more punch to his attack and thrust his blade in his opponent stomach. Gror does everything he can to dodge the blow but is unable and the blade pierces his armor and flesh.

Gror steps back for a second visibely surprised by the efficiency of Xavier's attack. But that doesn't seems to be enough to stop him and charges back on Xavier. The warrior enters a ferocious rage and seems to forget everything around him.

A second quarrel is shot towards the second militian. (roll 1) but the quarrel fly a feet feet above him and crashes against the wall of the temple. From the shadow an elderly warrior dressed with the color of Mergovia and wearing a light armor charges sword in hand on the two militians.

The two militian starts running on the newcommer and engaged him (roll 16; dmg 1;roll 16;dmg 5) The old men seems quite experienced and dodges most of the blow.

"Hey Grand pa go back home, you still have a few months ahead of you"

round 3

Gror now completly loosing it continue his ferocious attack on Xavier (roll 13;15 dmg 14) This time Xavier already tired by all the blood loss and dodging losses a bit of his concentration. His reflex are getting slower and he can't do nothing more than watch his enemy when his blade opens a large wound in his leg and he follow up with the other blade with a deadly blow to the chest. Xavier crashes on the ground, hearing the sound of his enemy laughing but he also has time to see how easily the mysterious old warrior gets rid of the militian facing him.

As he slowly falls into conciousness on the stairs of the temple he feels Gror hand applying a cream on his chest injury "Darn, Panther what are you forcing me to do, save this..... I will ........." Xavier falls into unconsciousness

doghead

thotd
ooc: No. What's this fad to black stuff? What are you doing? Stay with me kid. One more round! Damn. Xavier and Grandpa were just about to whup some evil ass!

DarkMaster

First Post
Xavier suddenly regain consciousness, he feels a warm fuzzy feeling on his leg and chest. He opens his eyes and sees the old soldier kneeling in front of him a potion in his hand.

"That was close young men, my name is Karn, I am a soldier of Mergovia. Please hurry up, He will probably come back with reinforcement soon."

Xavier notices that the old warrior is seriously injured. A large quantity of blood is flowing from his left arm, and he seems rather white. But Xavier also notices that he doesn't seem to bother too much about his injury. As Xavier sits in the stairs, he sees the body of the two militians on the ground.

"These two are traitors to our nation. The other ran away, seriously injured. I let him go, I wasn't in condition to continue the fight in their lair and you needed help."

doghead

thotd
Xavier Roces, male human Servant of Hieroneous.

Xavier jerks up into sitting position, his hands scrabbling around the sticky stone steps for his sword.

"Gror," he mumbles thicky. Xavier's mouth and thoughts are thick and sluggish. "Where is Gror?"

Xavier finds his sword and glances around, finally noticing that Gror is not to be seen, either alive or dead. The man's words return out the fog in his mind. The other ran away. Gror.

"You're not Grandpa. You're hurt. Oa."

Xavier moves over to where the hound lies, laying hands on the fallen animal.

Heironeous let it not be too late.

"You're right. We must get out of here."

Xavier jams the still bloody sword back in its scabbard and with a grunt picks up the fallen animal. Staggering slightly under the weight, he turns towards the front doors and begins moving as fast as he is able.

ooc: Use one point on Oa to stabilise the dog in case he still lives. Not sure how much of his Lay on Hands power Xavier used before the combat.

DarkMaster

First Post
As Xavier mentions Gror, Karn reacts. "That traitor is much more skilled than I ever imagined. He played his role well this son of @#$%^. We fought for a few second, he almost killed me, but I was able to strike him on the shoulder, and the coward ran away"

Karn keeps an eyes on the stairs while Xavier stabilise his dying dog. "Quick, let's get out I will tell you more once we are outside.

OOC Xavier didn't use any, I assume the cream help him recover all his HP. Xavier is now at 3 hp.

Karn smiles without saying a word as Xavier mentions Grandpa.

Karn helps Xavier getting out of the temple. They both can hear the priest yelling at Gror for his incompetence down the tunnel. "I wonder how you convinced Uder of your capability, it's your second failure today, now what will I tell the Baron, Tell me what will I tell him you dumb head"

Karn and Xavier quickly rushes through the side door and starts mixing in the crowd.

Karn while walking as fast as he can tells Xavier "Sorry Sir, I didn't know on which side you were, we have been fooled too many times by people pretending to be followers of Heireionous.

On our first encounter you didn't really convince me of your alligance. Again I am sorry, you are a very brave warrior."

He pauses take a good look around and continue with a sad expression"Did you see my compagnion, what happened to them?"

Karn presses his walk as much as he can without looking too suspicious. "Sir if you want we could hide in the guard barrack, I still have a few old friends there, unless of course you have a better proposition?

doghead

thotd
Xavier Roces, male human Servant of Heironeous

Xavier strides out of the church and into the streets outside. His first thought is to head to the house of the old paladin, but almost immediately he dismisses that idea. If they follow us there, then it will bring all sorts of trouble down on his head.

"The Baron's castle. I have rooms there. You will be my guest."

And it seems like we could both do with someone to keep our backs.

A noble with his clothes slashed and bloodied, and bearing a bloody hound in his arms, there is no way they are going to pass unnoticed. There is little point in trying. So Xavier strides away from the church as fast as he is able.

"But they will be looking for us, and the castle is on the other side of town. Where is the nearest guard house? Do you know? There we should be safe enough. From there we can consider our options.

"And I can thank you properly. And tell you what I know. I think I have seen your companions."

DarkMaster

First Post
The old men smiles and becomes slightly red as Xavier mention spending a night at the castle. "Sir that would be a great honor, but I don't know how the Baron will take this. I am from a very simple descent, my parents were simple farmers.

He pauses and think for a few second he then raises his head and look at Xavier with a little smile "But if you can convince him, I would gladly accepts. Perhaps you could get me an audience and I could tell him what I saw in Prumen?

As Xavier mentions the guard house, Karn and him notice a patrol walking among the various people walking down the street (mostly factory workers). Immediatly after seeing them one of the guards start walking towards them, an intrigued look on his face. The guards seems fairly young and do not seems hostile (sense motive xxx+6). Xavier notices that he doesn't draw his sword and his facial expression seems more surprised than aggressive.

The other two guards notices Karn and Xavier a second or two later and follow the other a few feets behind.

doghead

thotd
Xavier Roces, male human Servant of Heironeous.

"You are with me Karn. I'm sure that there will be no problem."

The thought reminds Xavier how surprised he was at the Baron's lack of regard for conventions and traditions when it came to his staff, and how impressed he was by it. Once more he is reminded of how complicated things are in Mornonas.

"There is much we need to talk about I think. But first we should share what we know with each other before we share with others. Things are ... confusing, and the roots of this go deep I think."

Xavier turns towards the young guardman and his companions.

"Ho guardman. You are a sight for sore eyes. I was attacked and were it not for the assistance of Karn here, I might not be talking to you now.

"I am Xavier Roces, Servant of Heironeous and guest of the Baron." Xavier drops his head slightly in acknowledgement of the guardman's position and authority.* "Would it be posible for you to see us back to the castle? Or arrange for someone to do so? At the moment, I doubt we have the strength to deal with a bad tempered begger."

ooc: Diplomacy +14 - at this point Xavier has no wish to create any more problems than he already has by copping an attitude.

btw: What is the condition of Oa? Did Xavier manage to catch/stabilise the hound before it died? Or is he carrying around a carcas at the moment?

Remove ads