• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

VH1 presents: What ever happened to?

Limper

First Post
Having played this hobby for a long time.... I've acquired a collection of gaming material which is to say the least, respectable. Looking at my great library of stuff, got me to wondering..... what ever happened to my favorite suppliment and other material writers.

My all time favorite was Jeff Grubb.

Last edited:

Limper

First Post
rounser: I do hope you are correct, I loved his work in the old Oriental Adventures and Al-Qadim.

hong! You are correct sir! Wow I hadn't noticed.... I'll have to actually read that book now. His old one was great.

Last edited:

WizarDru

Adventurer
BronzeDragon said:
Al-Qadim was one of Grubb's masterpieces...really loved it.

Didn't like the MotP that much though, since I am a Planescape fan....

Funny, it seemed to me (and understand I'm not terribly knowledgeable with respect to Planescape) that they kept in some of the Planescape elements in MotP, and made it pretty easy to put Planescape back in, if you were willing to do so. Is that not the case? I mean, wasn't Sigil from Planescape?

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
BronzeDragon said:
Al-Qadim was one of Grubb's masterpieces...really loved it.

Didn't like the MotP that much though, since I am a Planescape fan....

What are you talking about? My only complaint with MOTP is they wasted too much space on Planescape stuff that could have been better served by more ot the Alternate planes (Plane of Mirrors, Plane of Dreams, etc) like in the back.

A2Z

Explorer
DarwinofMind said:

What are you talking about? My only complaint with MOTP is they wasted too much space on Planescape stuff that could have been better served by more ot the Alternate planes (Plane of Mirrors, Plane of Dreams, etc) like in the back.
Bah! Anyone who doesn't think Planescape is the greatest thing since sliced bread is completly lacking in credability. ;) And the MotP rocks! Best WotC book published yet. Except for the whole new fangled planar relations it perfectly complements a 3E Planescape campaign.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
David Trampier, author of Wormy and a number of the Monster Manual illustrations, has recently been spotted driving a cab in Southern Illinois. He must have decided that gaming, and illustration, wasn't what he wanted to do with his life. What was he thinking? :D

Last edited:

Vargo

First Post
I miss...

Erol Otus's artwork. Those surreal line-art drawings were Da Bomb - especially that one in the D series of a mind flayer having a snack... Creeped me out.

I know, it's not an author per se, but I miss him.

Anybody know who did the updated art for the Scourge of the Slave Lords mega-module? Almost photo-realistic art, but faded in just the right places to give it a fey, unearthly quality. I want to know what else he's done...

Remove ads