• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Video games in my 4e: Mortal Kombat

Rechan

Adventurer
I picked up Mortal Kombat (2011) recently and it struck me like a freeze ball that 4e powers and characters could easily fit into a Mortal Kombat realm, or that it would be easy to stat up some MK characters in D&D.

The easiest being the Strikers (especially the assassin), and some of your controllers, can be well translated. Since your status conditions (while not perfect stuns) can suffice. As well as your energy attacks. A Revenant Assassin makes a real nice Noob Saibot for instance.

Granted, 4e doesn't lend itself well to putting 1 PC vs 1 monster (or 1 PC vs 1 PC) but things could be jiggered.

I'm not sure why I'm putting this here, but I thought it might spur some discussion or ideas, even just casual houserules.

Rune

Once A Fool
Interesting...

I think the Leader would be the hardest fit, but, hey, in a 4e version, there's no real reason not to have skirmishes instead of 1-on-1 fights.

In fact, I think it would be kind of boring to have a lot of 1-on-1 fights, unless you really only had 2 players. If your going to have people sitting around going, "I'm playing the winner, next!" you might as well be playing the video game.

Also, the striker is probably heavily favored in a 1-on-1.

noodle fish mice

First Post
If you really wanted to have 1-on-1 fights, but didn't want to bore anyone, you could just run them all simultaneously. Just have more than one map set out and run it like any other encounter, except that the PCs can't get to each other.

Rechan

Adventurer
If you really wanted to have 1-on-1 fights, but didn't want to bore anyone, you could just run them all simultaneously. Just have more than one map set out and run it like any other encounter, except that the PCs can't get to each other.

Sort of like a grand-master playing multiple games of chess at the same time.

malcolm_n

Adventurer
For about three weeks, I once managed something like the above with my party. They had been separated into parallel universes in the same dungeon and had to face challenges that pit them against their fears. It was totally fun, but I wouldn't want to do it for longer than I did.

On topic; I could see porting MK to D&D; and had even thought along a similar line after beating it. It would be kinda fun to have pregens of the heroes and let players choose or make their own to play through the storyline.

Remove ads