• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Video Games you'd like to see on d20

Creamsteak

Explorer
Team Squaresoft
Final Fantasy Tactics with Splatbooks for character concepts and settings from the other final fantasies

Team Bethesda
Tamriel (Daggerfall/Morrowind)

Team Blizzard
Starcraft
Warcraft
Diablo (It's been done, but not done right)

These occur to me right off the top of my head. I'm working on Final Fantasy Tactics (it's on my back shelf though, since I'm running a game in the In Character Forum, and I needed a break from it briefly to let my creativity build up again).

All the Blizzard games could easily be developed into a campaign setting, since they have plenty of history to use. Developing races and classes would be a balance issue, however.

Bethesda could produce a Tamriel campaign setting pretty easily. They have a good starting point being that they use mostly traditional races and concepts for fantasy settings.

Last edited:

-Final Fantasy (for obvious reasons), #6 (3 in U.S.) especially

-Mega Man (collecting different parts and customizing your PC with all sorts of high tech weapons? Sounds good to me)

-(not a game but) Magic the Gathering would be fun I think

-Eternal Ring

Hrm, that's all I can think about now, perhaps a system where you can convert all your favorite chars so you can play something like Super Smash bro's melee type campaign ;)

garyh

First Post
Erdrick Rules!!

I can't believe no one has mentioned the Dragon Warrior series. Heck, Dragon Warrior was the first video game RPG of its type in the US, and the "free with subscription" offer through Nintendo Power got me any many others hooked into the legend of Erdrick.

I know most DW characters line up pretty well with DnD concepts, but at LEAST give me a campaign setting sourcebook and some prestige classes.

Oh, and the "Descendent of Erdrick" template would be awesome!!

evildm

Explorer
Sollir Furryfoot said:
-Final Fantasy (for obvious reasons), #6 (3 in U.S.) especially
Can't forget FF4 either, it was great (IMHO).

-Mega Man (collecting different parts and customizing your PC with all sorts of high tech weapons? Sounds good to me)
Actually, I made a MMX RPG ages ago, but it was it's own system. The game ran great and we had a blast. Eventually, I converted it to Big Eyes, Small Mouth, and now it's fallen by the wayside. It'd probably be alot of fun on d20 too. Maybe I'll get around to that someday.

Kthrin

First Post
Woo, someone else was working on adapting FFT? I started fiddling with converting it to 2nd Ed, after throwing in some stuff from Xenogears and the rest of the FF series, but then 3rd Ed came out and I haven't had time to work on it... nor the money to pick up all the additional sourcebooks. So if somebody could make this work before I get around to resuming the effort, oh, some ten years from now, probably, that'd be sweet. :)

Jeeves

First Post
Pacman! Maybe Pong too!

Beh, but seriously, Fallout (there are MUCH more to do in the Fallout world than the wanderer's did in California over the course of those two games,) and THIEF!

Creamsteak

Explorer
Kthrin said:
Woo, someone else was working on adapting FFT? I started fiddling with converting it to 2nd Ed, after throwing in some stuff from Xenogears and the rest of the FF series, but then 3rd Ed came out and I haven't had time to work on it... nor the money to pick up all the additional sourcebooks. So if somebody could make this work before I get around to resuming the effort, oh, some ten years from now, probably, that'd be sweet. :)

Tis a lot of work it is... I got the character classes done one time before I decided I did them all completely wrong and restarted. Now I'm still trying to re-adjust character classes, work out a feats system that makes sense, figure out how to handle multiclassing, put together the weapons and items, finish all the monsters, and then after all that I need to do the actual campaign setting info.

If I get all that done in the next four years, then I'll start doing the campaign settings for other Final Fantasy games (starting with 1-3 as one book, then 4, then 5, then 6).

I think the whole thing can be done... and for free... and right, but it's hard to do alone...

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
I'm doing something similar to Mr. Steak's. :)

My plan is to do one "generic" type that can be easily inserted into any D&D campaign...so you could have Moogles with your Halflings, or Blue Mages alongside your Psions, or whatever. A DM could run a campaign with one or more FF themes, like a Cid, an airship, crystals, limits, whatever.

Then, to go to each different world (basically, each of them are a different campaign setting) and detail how those would vary from the "norm," introducing things like FF6's (which is called 3 in the US, even though it's the 6th made) MagiTek and Magic-Absent worlds, and FF5's multipule planets, and FF8's high level of technology, and blitzball and trading card games and OOH! :)

I want to get a baseline that's fully compatible with D&D as it sits before doing all the whacky stuff with the system.

What's going to be trouble is FF11...this thing scares me like nobody's business...

But by the time I start playing it I should have a decent FTP program on this bad boy and start the updating. Yippie-skippie! :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads