[Vile] Maiden of Pain's Redemption

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Wira gulps suddenly, even as Skada is figuratively screaming in Loviana's ear for blood. With an effort Wira controls herself and begins to speak again.*

"Lady Nightfang promised me she'd take care of me and make me rich. I worked at the Velvet Arrow for two months before she was convinced I would be able to pay off my debt to her. I had... always had a curiosity about pain and pleasure, and I fell into the worship of the Pain Maiden fairly easily. Lady Nightfang was my Painmistress. Most of the scars I have, I recieved willingly. I was pregnant for a lot longer than I said, almost ninth months. Some men enjoyed tormenting pregnant women, even if they had to pay for the privilage. But I was paid too, and I was willing! Maybe that makes me bad, but I did not ask for what she did to me next.

"What I said about her ripping the babe from my womb to sacrifice it was true. I cried out during the ceremony, which Lady Nightfang said ruined it. She gave me to the Pain Maiden along with my child. I was given a Whore's Torment before being turned over to the woman you found me with. I'm not a good person, I gave away a babe, sacrificed him for my own selfish pleasure, before I knew I could love him! I'm wicked, evil! That's why I deserve to be dead," she sobs.

*A Whore's Torment, as Loviana knows, is one of the Thirty Trials that one could go through in the Halls of Pain. It is a lengthy and sadistic rape by demons of pain. If one doesn't cry out, they are released from the Halls. If they do, then they are sent for individual attention and correction. The number of people who have survived one of the Thirty Trials are figures of legend amongst Loviatar's lore, and can be counted on one hand. Feralina the Lustful, a Painmistress who released a slave and was given the Whore's Torment actually turned the tables on the demons and had them crying for mercy. Olar-saba, a male servant of a Painmistress refused a particular humiliation and was given the Torment of Stripping, where the skin is removed and the body vivisected in view of a taunting crowd full of faces from the victim's past. Olar-saba survived and returned to sacrifice his own Painmistress. Finally, Xantip the Dark, a lowly servant in a temple that spied upon forbidden rites, was given the Torment of Perfect Night, where she was separated from her senses for a week, then subjected to a dizzing array of light, color, sound, taste, smell, and sensation. Most go mad, but Xantip survived and became a Painmistress in her own right, establishing a branch of the church that deals with psycological pain and torment.*

*Orshallan looked to be both disgusted and horrified, and finally furious, but midway through Wira's recitation, his face suddenly clears, and you can see him mouthing prayers to Heironeous.*

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Loviana: Half-Nymph/Female (Unfettered/Bondblade)

With a level emotionless voice Loviana replies, “I’m not here to judge you but I did save you from a fate worse than death and for that your going to do me favors... I want to know everything you recall about Lady Nightfang.”

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Wira tells you that Lady Nightfang is a beautiful woman, obviously of some noble lineage, who frequents the Velvet Arrow. No one in that section of town knows her true name, or if anyone does her reputation preserves their silence. She is known to take "troublesome" new girls and boys procured by the Madame and "break" them to their new life, often using techniques that leave no visible scars.*

*She also is a devotee of Loviatar, a Painmistress of the first order. If she isn't the leader of the Pain Maiden's church in the area, it's not for lack of talents. She performs elaborate ceremonies in her goddess' name, often waiting weeks, months, or years to bring certain rituals to fruition. She is patient, intelligent, and very cunning.*

*Wira can also give you a detailed description of the Painmistress.*

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

The next question came easy to Loviana, “I imagine that you possesses intimate knowledge of the Velvet Arrow, its madame, and important players?”

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

Loviana keeps her thoughts about the girl’s questionable loyalty to herself, Wira, I can’t think of anyone you wouldn’t betray…

Moving back to the girl’s side Loviana wraps an arm tenderly around her as her sea green eyes focus on Orshallan, “Yes, I imagine you would darling but I need lots and lots of details…”

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

Loviana hold back her annoyance but only barely as she replies, “Tell me about the madame… What did she look like? Is she a loyal follower of Loviatar? Did she seem to have any weaknesses…?”

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"The Madame is Lyrnae, human as far as I can tell. She is a devotee of Loviatar, because she participated in some of the ceremonies. As for her weaknesses... she always wears a mask, and I don't know the reason why, there cool be a secret there," Wira says, obviously thinking hard. "Her room in the house is behind a secret panel, and she sees each of her workers there alone for an hour each month. All of her times with me were also with Lady Nightfang, so I'm not sure what she does with the other girls. But none of them ever run away once she's spoken with them alone." Wira will also give a description of Madame Lyrnae.

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP

Loviana nods, she had an idea of what was happening to the other girls, “Any idea why you where speared from spending time alone with Lyrnae? Who else at the Velvet Arrow is important or a possible challenge to your revenge, Wira?

Remove ads