[Vile] Puppy-Kicking PCs at Work, part 2

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Aligor Thunderaxe Male Dwarf Fighter/Barbarian

Telsar said:
[Aligor rolled Handle Animal 4+3=7, failed. Aligor rolled damage 10+4=14, Boone finishes off what’s needed to free him. Aligor is still effectively entangled (-2 to attacks, -4 to Dex), but can move at half-speed (15 feet per Move). Aligor rolled Int roll 20 to realize the gunk has a limited duration.]

The wizard finishes casting his spell, and three bolts of magical energy spring from his hands, zooming towards Aligor, striking him unerringly. The wizard says “Hex said you were supposed to meet up with some halfling at high sun. That was hours ago. Too bad you didn’t go, though… he had a lot more than just me waiting to deal with you. But now I get all the glory… and the bounty!”

[Aligor takes 12 points of damage from the magic missiles. Note- I think I said, at the time, high sun would be in 3-4 hours from when you were talking with Hex. All the stuff at Brie’s took awhile, so with the rest, there’s no way you could have made the meeting when he wanted you to. Lucky for you, probably. :)

Characters by Initiative:
Aligor, HPs: 25/37
Boone, unhurt
Bane, HPs: 5/6
Wizard, unhurt]
As Aligor slices down at the gunk, he sees most of it clear away, but is still a little stuck. Bane, too curious about this gunk is useless, and if his feet were free, then that dog surely would have been kicked for not listening to him. Boone, reluctant to help the dwarf, decides to scrape the rest of it off, and in doing so, frees Aligor. Although noble in thought, Boone watches as Aligor is suddenly seared by 3 balls of light.

Roaring at the pain from the wizards spell, Aligor gives him a glance, knowing that soon, the sight of this dwarves axe will be the man's last thing going through his head! Literally! "Git the damn bastard!" Handle Animal +3 to Attack the Wizard.

If the wizard gets attacked by Bane, then Aligor will advance, moving to position J7 with waraxe still in hand, and shield ready. Bane would charge to position F4, I believe. Bite +4 and 1d4 damage.

If Bane doesn't listen, more than likely, then Aligor will take a 5-step move to L8 for cover, while sheathing his Waraxe. If possible he would grab his shortbow, knocking an arrow for the next round. "Damn dog! Yer hide's werthless! Boone, you still got any moves left? If not, git outta here till I deal with this damn punk."

Telsar

First Post
Accalon sees a confused look cross Loni’s face, but she says “My room’s upstairs, on the third floor. I have two roommates, Clara and Beatrice. Missy, she was a roommate, but when she went missing, Brie moved Clara in with me and Bea. I don’t really know Clara that well, but she seems nice enough. Are you wanting a place to hide? I think Clara and Bea would keep quiet about it, for awhile anyway.”

[In case it was forgotton, Beatrice was one of the girls Accalon was with before Loni and Jovana]

Meanwhile, T’aria sees that the stables are open on both ends, although only to the north, in the direction of the mysterious alley dweller, is there a road. She could leave by the south exit, but would either have to go around the building to hit the road, or take her horse through a number of residential yards before getting to a different road.

The boy says “You believe me? I can’t always find her what with her hiding so good, but sometimes she’s at the magic well. Uh, I mean, old Kelvar’s well. I’ll show you! Follow me and we’ll find her!” Perhaps unfortunately for T’aria, the boy heads north, to the road between the Warriors Helm and the building she saw the crossbow next to, the boy expecting her to follow.

In the woods north of Taeirn, Alicia charges the collection of branches, and strikes it with her greatsword, bits and pieces of it flying everywhere. The ‘stupid stick puppet’ turns suddenly to face Alicia, and it’s head seems to sport a face, made of more of the branches, twisted into a sinister smile. It brings down two thick branch-composed limbs hard against Alicia, with apparently as much strength as she has. Only one gets a solid hit, but that one easily hurts her in her unarmored condition. The noise of the battle, although 100 feet away, is loud enough that it wakes the sleeping party.

[No mention of feats used, so I assumed none. Her attack rolled 9+8+2(charge)= AC 19, hit Damage rolled 7+9=16. Alicia was hit for 13 points of damage. Note, many of you are still hurt from before, I’ve seen no mention of potions or spells, but if you would have used them, tell me and I’ll edit this. The rest (sleep) was enough for everyone to get one day’s worth of healing (2-4 HPs). I haven’t mapped this; I might, but haven’t made it up yet. Until I do, assume no one can use the Run maneuver due to the thickness of trees, and anything over 60 feet away gets ‘cover’ from the trees.

Characters by initiative, damage:
Lydia: HPs: 12/20
Sunedilar, unhurt
Alev, HPs: 13/19
Alicia, HPs: 5/26
Gwyn, HPs: 6/18
‘Stick Puppet’, hurt]

In front of Boone’s, Bane has never found anything as interesting as this gunk, trying to chew pieces of it that Aligor scraped off. The dwarf darts across the street, taking cover at the corner of someone’s residence, while knocking an arrow. Boone, not particularly wanting to be the best target standing out here, runs into his shop. The wizard yells, “Trying to hide from Azallin the Exalted is not wise, dwarf!” Then he begins incanting strange phrases, obviously casting another spell, this one taking a bit longer to finish.

[Aligor rolled Handle Animal 1+3=4. That dog is just destined not to help you this fight. :( The wizard is still in the middle of casting when Aligor gets up again.]

Aligor, HPs: 25/37
Boone, unhurt
Wizard, unhurt]

[Since I listed everyone else, Accalon currently has 23/32 HPs, and T’aria has 3/13]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Lydia snatches up her mace and crossbow, staring out into the woods.*

"Come on Bright Star, I don't care to be ambushed at camp, do you?" Lydia asks as she cautiously begins to move toward the noise.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Accalon Darcanda: Human/Male (Unholy Warrior)

Accalon frowns a look of worry in his eyes, “Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking but you place yourself in harms way… Brie knows of us, and I have no doubt men are not allowed upstairs so they will both know your willing helping me. I’ll protect you my dear Loni but it may not be enough.”

The rest of his gear in hand Accalon turns back to Loni, a clear since of urgency on his face, “Shall we go?”

Cepter

First Post
Sunedilar al Hazir, Human/Male Fighter

The sounds of battle instantly bring Sunedilat rolling to his feet. He grabs his chain from where it lays and looks for the enemy, whirling the chain in a blinding circle around his head.

(OOC: I'm going to be out of town until tommorow afternoon. NPC me as needed)

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Seeing the actions of this wizard casting another spell, Aligor knows that it is now or never. Letting loose the arrow, he aims to distract the wizard, and foil his spell. (With all the mod's, I see his AttBon at +1 now :heh: , 1d6+3 damage)

Then, glaring at the dog, he says orders it to attack the wizard, or the dog will be next to die. (+3 Handle Animal)

If the arrow hits or Bane attacks, then he will take a 5 foot step to K7.

If the arrow misses and Bane does not attack, then he will take a 5 foot step to L9, granting hide concealment? not sure about hiding...He just wants to be out of sight from this wizard, until he can get this gunk to free him from being so slow.

Serpenteye

First Post
Telsar said:
In the woods north of Taeirn, Alicia charges the collection of branches, and strikes it with her greatsword, bits and pieces of it flying everywhere. The ‘stupid stick puppet’ turns suddenly to face Alicia, and it’s head seems to sport a face, made of more of the branches, twisted into a sinister smile. It brings down two thick branch-composed limbs hard against Alicia, with apparently as much strength as she has. Only one gets a solid hit, but that one easily hurts her in her unarmored condition. The noise of the battle, although 100 feet away, is loud enough that it wakes the sleeping party.

[No mention of feats used, so I assumed none. Her attack rolled 9+8+2(charge)= AC 19, hit Damage rolled 7+9=16. Alicia was hit for 13 points of damage.

Alicia cries out in surprise and pain and steps away from the stick-creature. she had expected it to be an easy opponent, a mere obstacle to be swept aside, but now she found fear rising inside herself.
"Bad magic," she mumbles incoherently, then, trying to win some more time, brings her sword down in a broad arc (from 10ft away) striking at the creatures legs, not to wound but to trip.

ooc: Reckless attack for +2 to hit. There will be no aoo on Alicia because the creature can not reach her, but she'll make an aoo (full PA, full RA) on it when/if it tries to rise back to it's feet.

Telsar

First Post
At Boone’s, Aligor feels the desperation, as the wizard tries to finish casting his spell. The dwarf yells at Bane, who looks at the dwarf confused. Then Aligor aims his arrow and lets fly, hitting Azallin squarely in the chest, apparently close to his heart. The last few words of the wizard’s spell are accompanied by a coughing of blood, but he manages to complete it. Magical energy springs up between the wizard and the dwarf, and it coalesces into the shape of a large, devilish-looking bat with a fifteen foot wingspan.

Azallin almost collapses from the pain in his chest. He says weakly “You’ll pay for that, dwarf! No one betrays Hex, or hurts me, and lives long! My creature… my creature will kill you.” He looks around, possibly worried about the dwarf gaining allies while he is injured. “I don’t need to stay here… I know you’re dead. Have a nice few last seconds.” With that, he stumbles away, across the street and behind a building.

The red-tinged bat, clearly something from hell, flies at Aligor and sinks it’s teeth into dwarven flesh. Bane, seeing this thing as the unearthly creature it is, growls at it and looks like it will attack it without any commands from Aligor.

[Aligor rolled 2+3 on Handle Animal. Poor, deaf, distracted Bane is possibly a dead dog by his master’s hand. On Aligor’s bow attack rolled 20; rolled 20 again on the confirmation. Critical hit! So much for penalties. :) Damage rolled 6+3+6=15 points of damage. The wizard rolled very high on his Concentration check and managed to get his spell off. The bat hit for 5 damage.

Aligor, HPs: 20/37
Boone, unhurt
Azallin, very hurt
Fiendish dire bat, unhurt]

In the woods, the formerly sleeping party all rush out of their tents. One hundred feet away, the cause of the noise is apparent, as they see Alicia, hacking at and positioning herself around what appears to be a large, tall, dead bush. Most of the party is unsure what she’s doing at this distance, but Gwyn discerns the movement and humanoid shape of the thing she’s fighting, and realizes it’s a creature of some kind.

[Gwyn rolled 16+5=21 on Spot. I’m waiting on Alicia to see if she still wants to trip it before I continue by initiative.]

Telsar

First Post
The half-ogre swings as hard as she can at the walking pile of dead branches, but her attack goes wide, missing. The silent, smiling thing again brings down it’s almost tree-like limbs, and when one solidly connects over Alicia’s head, the force of it causes blood to gush from her ears, and she almost drops. Alicia is in more pain than she’s ever been, as she considers if this is what Madame Brie meant by when she should run away.

[Alicia’s attack rolled 4+8=AC 12, missed. One attack hit Alicia, doing 12 points of damage. Alicia rolls Fortitude save (for being at 0 hit points) 10+7=17, indicating she’s disabled (a total of 12 or less would have been dying). Being disabled means you only get a move or standard action each round, and a standard action (or anything strenuous) will cause you to be dying. And any more damage to you will leave you dying (or worse).

The party in the distance can see the 9-foot giantess staggering, and all realize now that she's fighting a creature of some kind, presumably as strong as she is.

Characters by initiave, damage:
Lydia: HPs: 12/20
Sunedilar, unhurt
Alev, HPs: 13/19
Alicia, disabled
Gwyn, HPs: 6/18
‘Stick Puppet’, hurt]

Remove ads