• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Vile] Puppy-Kicking PCs at Work, part 2

Telsar

First Post
In Loni’s bedroom, Clara’s eyes light up at the mention of money. She sets down a mirror she’d been holding, on to one of the dressers, and holds out her hand palm up saying “Fifteen gold. Right now. If I have to spend time with that brain-dead elf, that’s what it will cost you. No, make it twenty. The extra is for not telling Brie your keeping Loni from following her orders. That’s the amount that sounds fair.” Loni looks upset at Clara for a moment, presumably for the large amount she's asking for, but the anger seems to change to confusion as she looks to Accalon for his reaction.

At the stables, T’aria finds herself cursing more and more. She walks her horse out, following the boy, who’s now standing in the street. He says “The well, it’s just down this here street a ways. I know Shadow will want to give help to your friend. ‘Specially what with her horse named the same as she is. Just follow me.” T’aria looks around, and for the briefest moment, she thinks she sees something move behind a building fifty feet ahead, which looks like someone’s home, a building which they’ll be passing if she continues to follow the kid.

In the forest. Gwyn decides arrows are not the way to go, and pulls out a healing potion. Alicia’s ‘stick puppet’ continues to face towards Alicia, possibly studying her, but with no visible eyes, it’s hard to tell. Then, with apparently no interest in killing the half-ogre, it turns around, and begins moving somewhat slowly in the direction it was moving when Alicia attacked it; away from the party at an angle. The angle takes it deeper into the forest.

And at Boone’s, the dwarf runs from the hellish beast into the antique store. Boone himself is currently taking the urgrosh off the wall in the back of the store, and responds to the dwarf saying “Shut the doors? I think a wizard is smart enough to know how to open a door!” Then he looks through the doorway and sees the ridiculously large bat outside. He rushes to his door and slams it shut, still holding the urgrosh. “What are you doing running in here?!? That thing could have smashed my shop!”

Outside, Bane, finally seeing something as a threat instead of chew toy, leaps at the bat, tearing off a bit of one wing with its teeth. But the creature, although screeching in pain, ignores the dog snapping at him and flies straight at the door to the shop. Aligor and Boone hear a loud thump, then the sound of wood splintering as the creature bites at the door. Boone says “It… It will take it a while to eat through a door, right? Right?!?”

[Bane hit the bat for 5 damage. Bane missed on an AOO. Aligor was able to get to R7]

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Accalon Darcanda: Human/Male (Unholy Warrior)

His face neutral Accalon makes a small wave for Clara and Loni to take a seat on the double bed. Once they’re seated Accalon takes a set of his own on the smaller bed as he jokingly addresses Loni, “So much for being nice… Or at least when it comes to business.”

Turning back to Clara he gives a small smile, “At that price I would be better off hiring you for an hour, or two, and sending Loni downstairs to keep an eye on Valasia so surely your willing to compromise on this?"

OOC: Diplomacy +9, and I would be curious to know Loni's reaction to Clara's original price, and obviously the new post.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Very well, Bright Star," Lydia says, and tries to eel her way to the ogress. "Hold still and accept Wee Jas blessing," she murmurs, the wound feeling like it had been sewn together with a large needle.

[OOC - cure light wounds, 1d8+3]

Telsar

First Post
Loni sits on the bed and Clara reluctantly does so as well. Loni’s eyes focus on the floor when Accalon mentions hiring Clara for a couple hours and sending her away. The warrior can tell that it hurt Loni, a lot even, but she’s trying not to show it. Clara sighs, and says “Alright. Five gold, but I’m not letting Valasia talk to me the whole time. Do we have a deal yet?”

[Accalon rolled 20+6=26 on Sense Motive on Loni. Rolled 10+9=19 on Diplomacy]

In the woods, Lydia calls on the power of Wee Jas, touching the half-ogre, and Alicia feels a tremendous pain in her head. But then, though some pain remains, the bleeding from the ears has stopped and Alicia feels she could fight again, if she had to. Or wanted to. She can see her enemy walking away from her deeper into the forest.

[Lydia rolled 7+3=10, putting Alicia at 10/26 hit points, no longer disabled]

T'aria finds herself intrigued. I'm actually kinda interested now... granted, the whelp is probably touched in the head, but what if he's not?....

T'aria looks back at the boy, then leans toward him to touch his shoulder and say quietly: "Actually, is there another way to get there? I don't think that it is a good idea to be going that way."

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Accalon Darcanda: Human/Male (Unholy Warrior)

Ignoring Loni’s reaction for the moment Accalon nods his head and fishes out the required coins but he pauses before handing them to Clara. His small smile still present Accalon tries to strengthen Clara’s loyalty, “Yeah we have a deal, here’s the five gold, but if you find Beatrice and send her this way, you entertain Valasia in the friendly matter that is befitting of you two’s sisterhood, and you keep your pretty little mouth shout about me, and why your taking such an interest in Valasia I’ll give you the 20 gold you wanted but not till you’ve done the above tasks, Deal?”

OOC: Assuming she accepts and leaves. Accalon would agree to give her some of the 20 if she at least keeps Valasia safe, and remains quite about everything.

Once they are alone Accalon address Loni while he check the room for and hiding places, “Loni, I didn’t mean to hurt you feelings, it was simply a ploy to help Clara realize she was simply asking for to much, okay?”

Done looking around the room Accalon moves over to the larger bed and settles down next to Loni and begins to hold her once more, “My dear, I’m not sure what your wanting from me but I would rather be honest than to sweep you off your feet and down a current you can’t possible out swim. By no means will I ever be a farmer or a craftsman, chances are I will never live long enough or make enough coins to be able to settle down and treat you like you should be treated.” He leans in and kisses her lightly on the forehead, “I’m a simple warrior with simple hopes, to survive the next fight and to enjoy all the festivities of the next town. I can teach you to be strong but I’m afraid I’m not ever going to be what you deserve…”

His eyes staring distantly into the floor while an look of remorse and shame on his face Accalon finishes his words, “Anyhow, Loni, I figured you should no before it’s to late.”

OOC: Not sure if he should get a diplomacy check on this, seems way to important to let fate and dice settle but if he does: diplomacy +9.

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
Telsar said:
In the woods, Lydia calls on the power of Wee Jas, touching the half-ogre, and Alicia feels a tremendous pain in her head. But then, though some pain remains, the bleeding from the ears has stopped and Alicia feels she could fight again, if she had to. Or wanted to. She can see her enemy walking away from her deeper into the forest.

[Lydia rolled 7+3=10, putting Alicia at 10/26 hit points, no longer disabled]

Alicia touches the wound on her head and the fresh scar tissue surrounding it and smiles. "Thanks Wee," she says to the cleric, "Wee is good." She snickers at her own childish joke. "Wee."
Spotting the movement in the corner of her eye she turns to look at the creature, an angry frown on her face. "Stupid Stick Puppet."

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Telsar said:
And at Boone’s, the dwarf runs from the hellish beast into the antique store. Boone himself is currently taking the urgrosh off the wall in the back of the store, and responds to the dwarf saying “Shut the doors? I think a wizard is smart enough to know how to open a door!” Then he looks through the doorway and sees the ridiculously large bat outside. He rushes to his door and slams it shut, still holding the urgrosh. “What are you doing running in here?!? That thing could have smashed my shop!”

Outside, Bane, finally seeing something as a threat instead of chew toy, leaps at the bat, tearing off a bit of one wing with its teeth. But the creature, although screeching in pain, ignores the dog snapping at him and flies straight at the door to the shop. Aligor and Boone hear a loud thump, then the sound of wood splintering as the creature bites at the door. Boone says “It… It will take it a while to eat through a door, right? Right?!?”

[Bane hit the bat for 5 damage. Bane missed on an AOO. Aligor was able to get to R7]
Aligor, trying to think quickly, looks at Boone as he questions the dwarf. "Sure the door will hold! That damn bat can't really do much, as Bane is gonna take a few bites outta him if he tries to git in here! I see you got the Urgrosh. Giv it to me so I can kill this damn pet!" (Assuming Boone throws the Urgrosh to Aligor...)Aligor will smile at his new weapon, and imediately turn to Boone. "Thanks, and now I can deal with this damn pet! Looks like it's ignorin Bane and would ignore you as well. Seems as though its orders are to kill me. If it gets in, let it come at me! Then you can hit it from behind easily!"

OOC - Move action to T7, towards the rear door. Standard action to set the urgrosh up for the charging bat to spear itself on the spearhead end. If I can't move and do the ready action, then 5 foot step instead backwards to get some cover and ready the urgrosh for the bat. Not sure if the back door was open or not, so I am not doing what I planned....

Also - Bane would probably still be angry, and possibly attack the bat on his own. Charging the bat also.

Last edited:

Cepter

First Post
Sunedilar let's his weapon stop it's spin and slips it back to his belt.

"Agreed. Either it doesn't care about us, or it has gone to tell someone else we're here. Either way, we shouldn't follow. We can use the time to prepare for it if it should return."

Remove ads