• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Vile] Puppy-Kicking PCs at Work, part 2

"Hold up, Shadow has to go around the fence!" T'aria calls softly, hoping that the boy hears. She grumbles and tries to guess where the boy is heading in case she loses him. She takes Shadow to the gate, leading him through. She takes a swig out of her hip flask as Shadow is walking through the gate, watching for anyone following. My skin is far more important than any mystery.

[OOC: She will mount and follow on horseback if she can, but keeps an eye out for anyone laying in wait.]

Serpenteye

First Post
Alicia wakes up from her troubled dreams, surreal nightmares where the very trees and grass are given malevolent life and a hunger for flesh. The pain in her head brings the dreams back to life for a moment as she relives the attack of the past night. Shaking her head slightly she utters the familiar phrase, "Stupid stick puppet." without any particular conviction.

Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"Which of us wants to beard the dwarf in his lair?" she asks the others.

Hearing Lydia's question, but not quite yet awake enough to get it she answers in her own way, "I'll kill any dwarf."

Telsar

First Post
Aligor strikes at the fiendish bat with the axe side of his urgrosh, the weapon glancing off it’s hide. Bane has similar misfortune, unable to sink his teeth into the now-energetic creature. The angry other-worldly flying rodent tries to bite at Aligor, but finds his armor tough to chew on.

[Aligor rolls 7+9=AC 16, missed. Bane missed too, as did the bat.

Characters by initiative, damage:
Aligor, HPs: 15/37
Bane, HPs: 5/6
Fiendish dire bat, very hurt]

In town, T’aria takes her horse to the fence’s gate, observing no one follow her, and when she gets through it, she sees no sign of the boy, although she thinks he was headed to a long line of thick bushes. When she reaches them, it takes her quite a while to find an opening in them large enough to accommodate her horse. When she does, however, beyond the bushes she sees a dilapidated two-story house with a large yard around it. The yard is covered on all sides by bushes and thick trees; although still in the city and a stone’s throw to a road, this property is very secluded. The yard has a rickety-looking swing, an old wheel-barrel, and in the middle, a round brick well about four feet high, with an apparatus over it for lowering a bucket. The boy is currently at the well, leaning over the bricks, looking down into it, yelling “Shadow! Shadow!”, his own voice softly echoing from the well.

[Spot check to see where the boy was headed rolled 16+6=22.]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Accalon Darcanda: Human/Male (Unholy Warrior)

Accalon laughs lightly at the eager whore’s enthusiasm and willingness as he watches Loni closely for her reaction, “Beatrice, I’m afraid that’s not why I asked Clara to send you up here… I’m in need of other services, mainly eyes and a diversion. My actions, and those of my companions, though they have helped Brie and you ladies have left me on quite unfriendly terms with Modrin and he is here now, asking let more questions.”

He glance shifts from Loni to the other whore as he tries to judge her reactions, “My needs are simple, with your permission I will continue to hide in your room as I have hopes to avoiding a physical confrontation, so I need one of you two dears to stay with me, and provide a diversion if he should show up here, while the other one moves downstairs and becomes my eyes and ears. I need whomever this is to keep an eye on Modrin and report back here whenever he leaves the boarding house. If you can hear what he and Brie is speaking about great, but if not it’s not worth the risk.”

He gives his typical smile as he tries to judge both of the young whores’ reaction to his plan, “Beatrice will you do this for me and Loni you can have the honor of choosing which role you want?”

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Lydia Shardweaver, female human cleric of Wee Jas

Serpenteye said:
Alicia wakes up from her troubled dreams, surreal nightmares where the very trees and grass are given malevolent life and a hunger for flesh. The pain in her head brings the dreams back to life for a moment as she relives the attack of the past night. Shaking her head slightly she utters the familiar phrase, "Stupid stick puppet." without any particular conviction.

Hearing Lydia's question, but not quite yet awake enough to get it she answers in her own way, "I'll kill any dwarf."
"No, we're not killing the dwarf. We need to talk to him to discover the location of these intriguing ruins. Preferably one of us who was least likely to be remembered standing over the corpse of a celestial last night," Lydia explains patiently, looking around at Gwyn and Sunedilar.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Telsar said:
Aligor strikes at the fiendish bat with the axe side of his urgrosh, the weapon glancing off it’s hide. Bane has similar misfortune, unable to sink his teeth into the now-energetic creature. The angry other-worldly flying rodent tries to bite at Aligor, but finds his armor tough to chew on.

[Aligor rolls 7+9=AC 16, missed. Bane missed too, as did the bat.

Characters by initiative, damage:
Aligor, HPs: 15/37
Bane, HPs: 5/6
Fiendish dire bat, very hurt]
Cursing his misfortune, Aligor shift his weight to his side, then back onto the side of his strong arm, while bringing down the Urgrosh once more, aiming for the center of this creature. "To hell wit you!" he cries, seeing that the bat is not dealt with yet.

[OOC - attack bonus +9 flanking, damage 1d8+4 and Bane Bite +4 flanking, 1d4+1 damage]

T'aria dismounts (if she was riding Shadow) and leans against the horse's side, scratching his chin absently. The silver flask makes another appearance then vanishes back into her cloak, a bit more empty.

Okay, five minutes and then I'm leaving. The boy is probably a few coins short of a noble's purse.

Telsar

First Post
At Brie’s, as Beatrice began to disrobe, Loni looked towards Accalon at the same time he looked at her, she apparently trying to gauge his reaction as well. When their eyes meet, Loni gives a little smirk, then a bright smile. At Accalon’s proposal, Beatrice shrugs and says “Well, after you taking care of that monster, whatever it was, we all owe you. So I’ll help. Hmmm… I guess Clara is helping you too?”

Loni says to her “Sort of. She tried to extort a ridiculous amount of money from him first. I’ve never seen her get so greedy. She must think all adventurers are rich. She asked for more from Accalon than she has from any noble.” Then she looks to Accalon and says, “So, I have to choose between spending some time alone with you in my room, or spying on the local authorities. That’s a tough one.” She smiles again, kisses Accalon on the cheek, then rises from the bed heading for the door, saying, “But I know which is more useful. Bea, take good care of him while I’m gone downstairs.” It’s difficult for Accalon to get a read on Loni’s emotions as she exits, particularly since she deliberately avoids making any more eye contact.

[Accalon rolled 5+9=14 on Sense Motive]

At Boone’s Antique Shop, Aligor’s cursing seems to inspire his aim as the urgrosh strikes the huge bat squarely in it’s center. Blood rushes out around the weapon, and the entire urgrosh begins to glow lightly, while the bat slumps to the ground, apparently very dead. Bane leaps for the meat this corpse offers him, but the creature disappears in a burst of magical energy before he can get another bite. Bane starts growling and looking around, trying to find where the bat went to. As Boone pokes his head out, he asks “Is it over?”, but when he sees the now glowing urgrosh he says “Oh no! Dwarf, what’s it doing that for?”

[Aligor rolled 17+9=AC 26, hit. Damage rolled 5+4=9.]

In the secluded yard in Taeirn, the boy yells for Shadow a few more times, climbing up on the bricks of the well to try and see farther down. Then he says “Darn! She doesn’t always come. I don’t think this here magic well is always so magical.” Then he looks up at T’aria and says “Hey lady, who’s that there?” and he points behind her, but as he does, the bricks he’s standing on are apparently a bit wet, as he loses his balance and teeters over the hole of the well. T’aria looks where he pointed, seeing a man coming out of the bushes. He’s dressed in dark leather armor and carrying a crossbow aimed right at the half-demon. The boy slips more, falling into the well, but his hands grasp the wet bricks, trying to get a handhold. He yells for help, and all T’aria can see of him are those hands trying to keep hold.

[T'aria failed a Listen check to hear the man approaching. Note: T’aria and her horse are about 20 feet from the well, and 15 feet from the man who just arrived]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Accalon Darcanda: Human/Male (Unholy Warrior)

Accalon frowns in worry as he watches Loni’s sudden departure, and her lack of eye contact, but he tries to play it off, and the actions of Clara at the same time, as he turns to Beatrice, “It wasn’t that much money, and she agreed to a reasonable amount of money with no real debate at all so you can't really blame her for wanting to better her position.”

Looking around the room one more time Accalon replies absently, “I see two beds and three girls, do you double up or do you simply sleep in shifts?”

Satisfied that he’s missed nothing her starts to untie the fasteners on his armor, while making a small gesture at Bea to help him from behind, “Its best if I’m ready to hide in a moments notice, which is nearly impossible in this armor.”

Glancing over his shoulder, “I really appreciate this Bea, it’s not something you had to do and willingness to do it without thought of profit really shows your true colors. Loni is lucky to consider you a friend, and I’m starting to feel much of the same way, but if things don’t go so well you could find yourself becoming the distraction that keeps him and me separate. It just doesn’t seem right to expect that from you without offering payment, so if it goes bad do as he wants and I will make sure your compensated for your actions.”

His piercing green eyes leave little doubt to his honesty as he finishes, “but, Bea, I won’t let him harm you, okay?”

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"The hell if I know! You said it was magical, so I guess its doin its job?" Looking around for anyone else lurking in the shadows, waiting to take advantage of Aligor, he immediately goes inside the shop, closing the doors behind him.

"Well, trouble seems to have found me, and I need to git outta town for a while. The ruins sound like a good place to hide fer a bit, but this damn Hex is needin to be dealt with as well. Guess that'll have to wait fer later. Boone, I'm gonna need some supplies. And in the state I am in, some healin as well. Think you can help this dwarf out a little more? The treasure I git from the ruins will be split with you, as Sunnedilar has some other companions that are in need of some hiding. You got my word on that!" Aligor has Bane inside the shop, guarding the front door and moving to the back door to lock it while he and Boone are talking.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads