• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Vile] Puppy-Kicking PCs at Work, part 2

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Later, I don't have other such blessings prepared now. I will bind your wounds though. Come," Lydia says, going back to camp so she can bind the Alicia's remaining cuts.

Telsar

First Post
They boy with T’aria looks at her and says, “Ooooh, you want to do it all sneaky? Shadow said if anyone were to follow me, I should sneak there. But I thought she meant if someone was being nosy, not if someone was coming who I was bringing. OK, we can go around the long way.” He starts heading the opposite way down the street, away from the building the half-demon saw the movement around, then cuts through some people’s yards. He hits one yard with a couple of low fences, and T’aria is stuck with a choice of leaving Shadow behind, getting the horse to jump the fence, or going way out of her way to the fence’s gate. The kid is traveling pretty quickly, and is 30 feet ahead of her, so she’ll need to make a decision quickly or lose him.

On the third floor of Brie’s, Loni looks at Accalon and gives him a small smile. She says quietly, “I… hoped it was a ploy.” She caresses the warriors cheek, saying “I know there will be other women than me. In fact, there was one other woman with me. And you’ll eventually leave this place for your adventures, to other towns maybe, and I may never see you again. I… understand that. I know where we are, and who we are; and I know how foolish it would be to fall in love.”

She looks deeply into his eyes, her own welling up very lightly. “I just… it hurt, feeling dismissed. Not that you’d be with Clara, but that you might get rid of me to do so. I figured it was a ploy. But if I’m not giving you my heart, I’m still giving you… something. I can’t even name it. My respect, I guess. And I want that in return.” She kisses Accalon tenderly on the lips. “And forget that ‘what I deserve’ nonsense. I don’t deserve much at all, but teaching me to be strong; that’s what I’m asking for.”

In the woods, it is getting close to nightfall, and the party decides how to best spend their evening before resting again, for the night, and returning to town in the morning just long enough to find Aligor, possibly talk to Brie, and possibly see if T’aria and Accalon will be coming with them. [OOC In other words, make your plans and let me know what you guys are doing :) ]

And speaking of the dwarf, Aligor waits in Boone’s Antique Shop, a horrible screeching and scratching sound coming from the door, along with a few barks. There’s suddenly a louder shriek than before, along with the muffled sounds that the dwarf recognizes as Bane enjoying the taste of a large piece of meat. Aligor positions himself with tables between him and the door and readies his weapon, but the hellish bat doesn’t break through the door yet. Boone says, “Um, you know, it’s going to be a lot cheaper on you if you kill it outside rather than in here. That vase your almost knocking over with the urgrosh is almost worth 600 gold itself. And don’t get that weapon damaged! I’m just loaning it, you know that!”

[Bane got a critical bite on the bat, doing 8 damage. He's great when Aligor isn't yelling orders at him :) ]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Telsar said:
And speaking of the dwarf, Aligor waits in Boone’s Antique Shop, a horrible screeching and scratching sound coming from the door, along with a few barks. There’s suddenly a louder shriek than before, along with the muffled sounds that the dwarf recognizes as Bane enjoying the taste of a large piece of meat. Aligor positions himself with tables between him and the door and readies his weapon, but the hellish bat doesn’t break through the door yet. Boone says, “Um, you know, it’s going to be a lot cheaper on you if you kill it outside rather than in here. That vase your almost knocking over with the urgrosh is almost worth 600 gold itself. And don’t get that weapon damaged! I’m just loaning it, you know that!”

[Bane got a critical bite on the bat, doing 8 damage. He's great when Aligor isn't yelling orders at him :) ]
"600 Gold? Yer worried about 600 gold! Ah, to hell wit this! Open the door and let me send this creature to hell!"

OOC - Aligor will I believe Delay his action, until Boone opens the door, at which time Aligor will charge the bat, striking at him with the new weapon and its modifiers. I believe its 1d8+4 for the axe side. His intent is to position himself ready to move to attack the bat as Boone opens the door. Flanking bonus if Bane is still in the same position. If the bat is already down, he will strike at it, hoping to make sure its dead.

If already dead, he will take pride in Bane's kill, immediately grinning wide. "'Bout time you did somethin worth yer hide! Take a look at this Boone! Bane here's gettin a new trinket!" With that, he cuts off the fangs of this beast, to use later on as Bane's new collar.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Accalon Darcanda: Human/Male (Unholy Warrior)

Accalon returns Loni’s kiss with a long passionate one of his own. After a few seconds and considerable will power he gentle pushes her off and gives her one of his typical smiles. He speaks softly as he returns to reassuringly stroke Loni’s brown tresses, “You are strong Loni, but I would be honored to help you see your inner strength. I don’t know when it will happen nevertheless the chances are I will leave you and this town behind me, but Loni, in all honesty, no girl will dismiss you as you too have my respect and admiration.”

Telsar

First Post
Boone looks a little wild-eyed at Aligor, saying “You are one crazy dwarf, anyone ever tell you that? I thought you’d sneak out back, circle around, and surprise him, but if this is what you want, just don’t let him in my shop!” Boone steps up to the door, opens it inward and hides behind it. Aligor charges the red-tinged creature, striking it hard with his new weapon, while the last of the hardening gunk on his body falls off. Bane, glad to see his master helping him, bites at the creature but misses. The bat looks severely injured, almost ready to collapse, but then he becomes energetic, now finally seeing his prey again, and bites Aligor’s arm.

[Aligor rolled 19+7+2(flank)+2(charge)=AC 30. Damage rolled 6+4=10. The duration on the tanglefoot bag is over, no more penalties. Aligor was bit for 5 points of damage.]

Characters by initiative, damage:
Aligor, HPs: 15/37
Bane, HPs: 5/6
Fiendish dire bat, very hurt

Boone is delaying, hiding behind the door]

Telsar

First Post
At Brie’s, Loni says “Respect and admiration. I haven’t seen a lot of that in my life.” She kisses Accalon again, then whispers “Thank you.” At that moment, the door opens and Beatrice comes in. She smiles, seeing Loni and Accalon on the bed, and says “Clara said you wanted me. We really shouldn’t be doing this up here, but money is money.” She smiles and starts to undress.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Aligor Thunderaxe Male Dwarf Fighter/Barbarian

Telsar said:
Boone looks a little wild-eyed at Aligor, saying “You are one crazy dwarf, anyone ever tell you that? I thought you’d sneak out back, circle around, and surprise him, but if this is what you want, just don’t let him in my shop!” Boone steps up to the door, opens it inward and hides behind it. Aligor charges the red-tinged creature, striking it hard with his new weapon, while the last of the hardening gunk on his body falls off. Bane, glad to see his master helping him, bites at the creature but misses. The bat looks severely injured, almost ready to collapse, but then he becomes energetic, now finally seeing his prey again, and bites Aligor’s arm.

[Aligor rolled 19+7+2(flank)+2(charge)=AC 30. Damage rolled 6+4=10. The duration on the tanglefoot bag is over, no more penalties. Aligor was bit for 5 points of damage.]

Characters by initiative, damage:
Aligor, HPs: 15/37
Bane, HPs: 5/6
Fiendish dire bat, very hurt

Boone is delaying, hiding behind the door]
"As crazy as they come!" is his only reply to Boone, as he opens the door. Seeing the bat still there, somewhat injured by Bane, Aligor relishes the thought of this creatures fangs hanging from Bane's neck and slices down, catching the bat across its body. Seeing that the bat is injured and near dying, Aligor again swipes down, trying to end the life of this creature. "I'm gonna be needen sum healin when I get done here!"

Bane will continue his attack as well, no longer sniffing the gunk that held his master earlier, and due to the fact that he now has tasted some blood...

Attack +9(7+2 flanking) dmg 1d8+4
Bane bite +4(2+2flanking) 1d4+1

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Waking the next morning in the thin dawn, feeling a bit more sore than when she went to sleep, Lydia levered herself out of her bedroll. Doing a sketchy wash and rebraiding her hair, she began to gear up, and started to boil water for tea.*

"Which of us wants to beard the dwarf in his lair?" she asks the others.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads