[Vile] Puppy Kicking PCs at Work

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"Those hunter I speak of, some pray to the spirit of the animal so that it might be reborn as another animal and replenish the game. Others pray to the gods of luck and the hunt to thank them for letting them get the game. And some pray to Death, thanking Her that she chose to honor the game with Her presence. It is a curious custom. I simply wondered if you were of the same mind," Lydia says, her expression somewhat preoccupied.

"There is no rebirth. You die, and that is the end, unless a god keeps your spirit for his own ends, or you become one of the restless dead. No god gives me my prey; I take with my own strength."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"That is indeed very true. There is no rebirth. Only death and the hereafter. You have unexpected insight Bright Star, for few realize this until they are on their deathbed."

NeuroZombie

Explorer
"That is indeed very true. There is no rebirth. Only death and the hereafter. You have unexpected insight Bright Star, for few realize this until they are on their deathbed."

"For some, life is but a preview of death, my dear," replies Nyos as he rises from his bedroll, intrigued by the conversation overheard. "I would love to join this intriguing conversation but, alas, you must excuse me my morning devotions."

Nyos walks a few feet into the woods and begins his prayer to Nerull.

flyingricepaddy

First Post
Fabian extricates himself from his bedroll and stands straight up, looking well-refreshed and not the least bit bleary-eyed.

Looking around at his companions, he remarks: "My word, most everyone's up already! Have I gone and slept in?" He pauses for a pair ofbrief, audible sniffs. "Breakfast smells wonderful, if that's what that is."

He takes a pair of deep breaths of crisp morning air, looks toward the sunrise, and smiles contently.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Yes, it is breakfast. And since I cooked and Gwyn caught the rabbit, you may clean up," Lydia says with a sweet smile. She turns to look where Nyos went in the woods with an odd turn of her head, reminiscent of a hawk observing their prey.

Cepter

First Post
In a nearby open space, not large enough to qualify as a clearing, Sunedilar twirls his chain into a blinding arc, cutting a series of shallow slashes in the trunk of a tree. He has been up for over an hour, completing the martial rituals Vorlash demands of his warriors. He finally allows the weapon to slow and stop, twisting it into a loop and hooking it to his belt as he walks back towards camp. The scent of rabbit overpowers even the smell of salt water drifting in from the ocean as he enters the clearing, pausing only a moment to assess the activities of his compatriots before approaching the fire.

"Good. We can eat and be on our way quickly."

He nods in acknowledgment towards Gwyn and Lydia as he waits for the stew to finish.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Alev returns, in a bit of a graceless hurry, from whatever it is he goes off to do while the rest of you sleep... In spite of the fog, his travelling coat -- a long black leather thing, graced by color only in the deep red needlework at its hems -- hangs limp from a high branch. He makes a straight line for it, arching his back as he fingers his way through the pockets, eventually finding his spectacles; in spite of the fog, the sunrise seems enough to offend his visual sensibilities.

Donning them and fluffing his hair a bit in one motion -- even at such an early hour, it has already been sculpted into that queer shape he prefers -- he turns to admire the breakfast chorekeeping on all around him.

"Stew, is it? Brilliant anyway -- this weather puts a bite in the gut."

All the same, he takes only a cup of broth. He's never explained it much, but he prefers to take food in small bits over the course of a day. It could be some peculiar elf thing; it could be some peculiar Alev thing.

Settling against a tree in an overdramatic lean, he sips his steaming breakfast and stares off at some nothing in the distance...

John E Smoke

First Post
Cepter said:
"Good. We can eat and be on our way quickly."

"An excellent suggestion!" Dulanse calls out as he returns from his morning exercise. After wiping a bead of sweat off his brow he picks through his rations to find something somewhat appetizing, has a quick bite to eat, and begins to pack his belongings into his saddle bags.

Returning to the campfire, he adds "The longer we're out here, the more opportunity we give all manner of parasites and vermin to crawl into our breeches. I can hardly wait to take an actual bath."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
John E Smoke said:
"An excellent suggestion!" Dulanse calls out as he returns from his morning exercise. After wiping a bead of sweat off his brow he picks through his rations to find something somewhat appetizing, has a quick bite to eat, and begins to pack his belongings into his saddle bags.

Returning to the campfire, he adds "The longer we're out here, the more opportunity we give all manner of parasites and vermin to crawl into our breeches. I can hardly wait to take an actual bath."

"You let parasites and vermin crawl into your breeches in the city, too. They're just bigger and noisier."

Remove ads