• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Vile] Puppy Kicking PCs at Work

Cepter

First Post
Sunedilar al Hazir Human/Male Fighter

Sunedilar just keeps moving, seeing the door open for Alewv but not able to tell yet who opened it. His weapon is ready in case it is another foe.

(OOC: Keep moving for the door at full speed)

Telsar

First Post
Accalon swings his spatha into Ezuvial chest, but like the longsword that struck there before, it can’t seem to penetrate his flesh. The one remaining guard, his sword on the floor, considers Accalon’s suggestion, then ignores it. He backs away from the Archon and heads for the front door, apparently planning to escape, but stops as he is startled by the hulking figure of Alicia in the doorway.

[Accalon rolled 19+6-4+2=AC 23, hit. Damage rolled 5+2=7, didn’t exceed DR. Diplomacy to get the guard to grapple Ezuvial rolls 1+11=12.]

With the guard having moved, Lydia sees an opening where she won’t have to do that ridiculous balancing act, and moves to one side of the archon. She releases the magical energy she has stored, touching Ezuvial with her hands. The celestial is completely unprepared for the attack, as the energy burns his flesh, causing him to howl in pain.

[Lydia rolled 19+2=AC 21, hit. Ezuvial barely failed his Will save. Damage rolled 3+3+3=9 points of damage]

Sunedilar and Aligor finally make it to the back door and see Brie standing there. She looks like she wants to run from the establishment, but Alev is blocking her path, so instead she backs into the house, saying to the group “Hurry! The city guard are keeping him occupied, get in there! The door to the showing room is right around that corner.” She points down the hallway and to her left. All three adventurers (and Bane) step inside, but Alev waits on his companions to proceed further, in case they want to have words with Brie. Bane growls at Madame Brie a bit, but stops when everyone hears Ezuvial’s dog-like howl.

[Sunedilar and Aligor still needed double moves to reach the door. Alev delaying, GP can tell me if he’s online if Alev doesn’t want to wait for Aligor and Sunedilar to keep up, or has anything he wants to do in place of delaying]

[Characters by initiative, damage, condition:
Alicia, HPs: 22/26
Ezuvial, hurt
Algernon, unhurt
Gwyn, HPs: 13/18, “feeling shaky”
Accalon, HPs: 26/32, magic weapon, shield of faith
T’aria, unhurt
City Guard 1, hurt
City Guard 2, unconscious
City Guard 3, unconscious
Sunedilar, unhurt, “feeling shaky”
Alev, HPs: 9/19
Aligor, HPs: 22/37
Madame Brie, hurt
Lydia, unhurt, aligned magic weapon & divine favor

Note: T’aria still has a move or standard action to take, Alev is delaying. If Alicia moves in to attack, she can’t get hand-to-hand with Ezuvial with Accalon, Algernon, and Lydia in the way, but can reach over them to attack. Ezuvial will then count as having cover.]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Aligor will move as fast as possible, and when confronted with Brei, he will ask how she damaged the 'thing'. Afterwards, he will move as far as possible getting near Ezuvial. ONce he sees Ezuvial, he will take a moment to get a good lok at him, his weapons, his manner, and take a drink of his last potion.

T'aria raps her rapier against the door, and brings it into a ready position (but not overtly threatening) when the doorman turns.

"Ahem - you need to be out there helping drive off the individual who attacked your employer." Her eyes narrow threateningly. "Now."

[OOC: Sorry, I was running on very low sleep when I read that post, missed the part about the door being open. :heh: Anyway, Intimidate, Diplomacy, Bluff, whatever will get him out there. ;)]

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Lydia feels the rush of dark power flow from her fingertips and feels an answering inner rush of triumph well up from inside her. Rushing downstairs, she grabs her mace and tries to move into the fray, hoping to crush the archon's noble heart.*

You will die, yes, we all die, and you'll be so much better off for it! she thinks, her pulse beginning to quicken.

Telsar

First Post
Alicia moves into the foyer, the remaining city guard quickly getting out of her way. She asks where the ‘stupid evil wizard is’, but she can feel the raw hostility coming from Ezuvial, so she can take a lucky guess. Alicia swings her sword over the heads of Accalon and Algernon, but misses the archon by a wide margin. Ezuvial notices the force the Greatsword whizzed by with, a look of slight concern on his face. He says to the half-ogre, “Ah, I was wondering where you were. You know, your friends miss you. Jeleneth, Miri, and Missandra all told me how you protected them. These people I’m fighting are evil, Alicia, the evil of dark beings and even darker gods. But unlike them, you still have a choice.”

He looks at those near him and says, “For these four, however, there will be no redemption.” Ezuvial smacks the flat of his blade against Accalon and Algernon, and sinks his teeth into the hand Lydia burned him with.

[Alicia rolls 7+8-4(cover)-2(shaky)=AC 9, misses. Assumed she’s still doing both Power Attack and Reckless Attack. Ezuvial did 8 non-lethal damage to Accalon, some non-lethal damage to Algernon, and 9 points of damage to Lydia]

Algernon, a bit dazed by the blow, combat probably not something he’s accustomed to, tries to strike the archon with his dagger, but misses. Algernon yells at him, “You bastard! You wrecked my studio, didn’t you?!? So help me, you better die here today or I’ll find a way to make you suffer for the rest of your miserable existence!”

Gwyn, fortunate that the archon wasn’t skilled enough to strike all four people surrounding him, lashes out with his claws, but can’t connect solidly enough to have any effect. Ezuvial turns to look at the half-demon, and says “Hmmm… my plan to coax Brie into stabbing me from the shadows again really isn’t going to work with you standing there.”

[Gwyn’s claws rolled 9+4+2-2=AC 13, missed, and rolled 6+4+2-2=AC 10, missed]

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the building, the doorman looks startled, but then says to T’aria, “I was going to help! But after I brought the guards, I thought Brie should be protected too. But I can’t find her. Have you seen her? When I couldn’t find her, I remembered she has some potions locked away in this chest, thought they might help before I went back out. Can’t seem to get it open though; damn good lock on it.” T’aria can’t be sure whether to believe his story or not.

[T’aria rolled Initimidate 10+3=13. Sense Motive rolled 9-1=8.]

Accalon, HPs: 26(8 NL)/32, magic weapon, shield of faith
T’aria, unhurt
City Guard 1, hurt
Aligor, HPs: 22/37
Madame Brie, hurt
Lydia, HPs: 11/20, aligned magic weapon & divine favor
Alicia, HPs: 22/26
Ezuvial, hurt
Algernon, hurt
Gwyn, HPs: 13/18, “feeling shaky”]

[Updated map included]

Cepter

First Post
Sunedilar al Hazir Human/Male Fighter

Sunedilar continues forward, though for a moment he pauses at the sight of the revealed hound archon. Still, he continues his prayer chant as he moves into position to send his chain whistling at the dog's maw, doing so if he can move fast enough.

(Let's try again. Moving until I get close enough to strike, then attacking.)

Serpenteye

First Post
Telsar said:
Ezuvial notices the force the Greatsword whizzed by with, a look of slight concern on his face. He says to the half-ogre, “Ah, I was wondering where you were. You know, your friends miss you. Jeleneth, Miri, and Missandra all told me how you protected them. These people I’m fighting are evil, Alicia, the evil of dark beings and even darker gods. But unlike them, you still have a choice.”

Alicia laughs, a deep feminine chuckle completely unlike her normal laugh. Her voice is briefly rich with superior mockery and contempt. The voice of her ancestors on her mother's line, a faceless mass of dead women, flows from her cracked monstrous lips. "Will you say that again when you see what I have done to your bitches? I don't know which one was your mother and which one your spawn, but they were surely both your concubines." She shrugs, self-deprecating at the crude remark, and hefts her sword again, "I assume the matter of ancestry came up. In any case, I do believe we have completed the obligatory insul... BAD DOG! BAD!" She suddenly snaps back to her self and, frightened both by the 'bad dog' and the strange precense in her head she attacks recklessly at her full power.

Last edited:

Telsar

First Post
Accalon, continuing to attack cautiously, misses with his weapon, the archon’s hide just too tough to get a solid hit on.

[Accalon rolled 7+6+2+1-4=AC 12, missed. Note- still waiting on T’aria’s actions, but since she’s not directly involved with the fight, I continued with everyone else. T’aria is not delaying, however; whatever she decides to do happens before the rest of this]

The guard, looking for a way out without having to bypass the hulking half-ogre, opens a door near him and enters, only to find a closet with no other exits.

Meanwhile, Brie says to Aligor, “I just stuck him with this!” pointing her dagger at his face, “but I knew where to stick him and he didn’t see me coming. If you can attack him sneaky, do it, but just kill him, whatever the hell he is.” Alev moves to where she said the showing room door is and opens it, while Sunedilar and Aligor rush in. Aligor gets to the middle of the room and takes out and drinks a potion, feeling back up to full health, while Sunedilar takes a position behind Gwyn, knowing it’s as good a spot as any, as the doorway is just too narrow for more than one person to attack Ezuvial easily. Bane, given no commands, stays in the hallway growling at Madame Brie. When she tries to step around him, he bites at her, missing. She acts like she’s going to hit him with her wand, which distracts him as she brings her dagger close to his neck.

[Bane missed, Brie successfully feinted, setting up a sneak attack. If Aligor calls the dog to him, it might just save his life. Aligor discovers that the potion Rusty gave him must have been better than cure light wounds, because it healed back all his damage. Sunedilar couldn’t charge since it wasn’t a straight path, having to navigate through the hall and doorway. Aligor is in position J17, Sunedilar at K15. Both can attack Ezuvial next round (Sunedilar with his reach weapon, Aligor moving to L16 beside Gwyn) but both will take a penalty for the cover Ezuvial has, from the wall and from Gwyn. Alev is in position I19.]

Lydia pulls out her mace, it crackling with evil magical energy, and smashes it into Ezuvial’s leg. He howls again and Alicia’s sword just barely whizzes past his upturned nose. The pain, the closeness of the half-ogre’s sword, and Alicia’s words seem to sober him from the enjoyment he was having during this fight. He yells at Alicia, “Bitches?!? What are you talking about? What have you done?!?”. He looks around, estimates who’s hurt him… and who hasn’t. He swings the flat side of his blade towards Lydia. But when that misses, he switches to the sharp side, cutting her abdomen, and again bites Accalon

[Lydia rolled 17+3+1=AC 21, hit. Rolled 2+2=4 damage. Alicia rolled 18+8-4-2=AC 20, just missed. Lydia took 4 points of damage from the sword, Accalon took 6 points of damage from the bite]

Algernon, dagger in hand, finally connects with it, and sparks of energy shoot from it between both the ‘bodyguard’ and his former employer. The energy seems to singe both of them, but only slightly.

(T’aria-waiting for last round’s action)
Gwyn, HPs: 13/18, “feeling shaky”
Accalon, HPs: 20(8 NL)/32, magic weapon, shield of faith
T’aria, unhurt
City Guard 1, hurt
Aligor, unhurt
Bane, HPs:5/6
Madame Brie, hurt
Lydia, HPs: 7/20, aligned magic weapon & divine favor