[Vile] Puppy Kicking PCs at Work

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Lydia Shardweaver, female human cleric of Wee Jas

Thomas Hobbes said:
Heh. He may be a bastard, but he's got the right idea thinks Rhesa. She gets up on her horse.

Aeweth somewhat shyly (and inexpertly) brought her horse up next to Lydia. "You know," she says cautiously, "He does have a point about presentability." She seems almost apologetic to gainsay Lydia. "I mean, we're more likely to get hired with certain people if we look nice."
"I am quite fine with looking presentable, I simply dislike the notion that one must dash for a scented bath at the earliest possible opportunity as if that were all that mattered. A quick wash yes, an overwrought bath is somewhat an indulgence... at least with him, as he would do it three times a day if it were possible."

*Lydia sighs and readjusts a hairpin.*

"He annoys me with his excessive preening. And I rose on the wrong side the bedroll today. Besides, what good is a fine bath if your stomach rumbles from having no gold to put food in it? At any rate... what did you want to do when we arrive in town?"

Last edited:

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
"Oh, I don't know," says Aeweth arily. "Probably just look around the town. It should be quite interesting." She attempts to affect a scholarly, anthropological tone. Aeweth's motivations are purposfully left vague; any actual strong convictions would be out of character.

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"He annoys me with his excessive preening. And I rose on the wrong side the bedroll today. Besides, what good is a fine bath if your stomach rumbles from having no gold to put food in it?"

"What good is it to put food in a body that is untidy and boring?"

Alev cracks and admires his knuckles, puffy red from gripping the bridle.

"In any case, we've got enough gold to eat and to look quite fine about doing it. And when we get to this city, I'm sure we'll find plenty more just laying around: There always is."

Cepter

First Post
Ignoring the entire conversation aside from the general interest in what opportunity the city holds, Sunedilar turns towards Dulanse as the group begins to move forward.

"Is there anyone in particular you believe we can make us of in this city? I know that some of my people's wares have made there way there, but we have always worked through intermidiaries like your family in dealing with this place, so I haave no direct knowledge to draw from."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Do you find me boring, Peacock?" Lydia says with a brilliant smile at Alev. Lydia has been keeping herself clean in the streams along the way, and her face shows no trace of dirt and her body no hint of stench. Her hair is neatly braided, and her clothes are of fairly good make and well-cut.

*After smiling at him for a moment too long, Lydia continues down the road, her crossbow at the ready and her mace loose in its loop.*

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"Do you find me boring, Peacock?"

"Speaking purely hypothetically, Young Miss. Strictly hypothetically."

He does not match Lydia's grin, but at least raises his eyebrows up over the rim of his spectacles, which is about as close to a grin as he ever gets.

John E Smoke

First Post
Dulanse does not face Sunedilar, instead keeping his attention to the road as he creeps along on his horse at a lazy pace.

"Yes, well there's a few I have in mind. Shather the weaponsmith, for one. My uncle mentioned that Shather has been having some troubles with his clientele recently, and would probably be willing to part with quite the donation from his purse should those problems be solved."

"He's not the only one, of course. Harren the Slaver has been losing his merchandise as of late, for example. Madame Brie is finding her business harassed more and more by some of the more... overzealous elements that have taken root. And let me tell you, with as much money my family has made selling her and her girls exotic perfumes and fine tailored clothes, she must sleep on a bed of gold!"

Dulanse finally takes his attention off the road to look at his compatriots, splitting his face with a genuine (and damn near infectious) grin. "I'm telling you, there's nothing but gold ahead of us. And who knows, we might even stumble on something better!"

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Rhesa mentally raises her eyebrows. That's quite a list. Dulanse is better connected that I thought. Aeweth thinks much the same, but her next logical step is to upgrade Dulanse's eligible bachelor status, smiling coyly at him. Aeweth, you idiot! thinks Rhesa, even as she smiles, You'll get me killed yet. She thinks this ironically to herself- she hasn't gone mad yet.

It was only a short ride until they reached the city, passing by a few other travellers that took little notice of the group. The city in front of them was low walled, with old stone that was crumbling at the base, though the top looked to be newly painted. There was no gate, simply an opening between two walls, and no guard stood there. In fact, the wall looked to be more for show than protection.

Inside the walls, the small path became a large, more well defined road. People were moving here and there, and it seemed a very lively town for the condition of some of the building near the wall...mostly residences from what the newcomers could tell, nothing but older houses and a few small stables that had horses in them that had most definatly seen better days.

NeuroZombie

Explorer
"So, Dulanse, shall we begin to check on your connections, or shall we go to an Inn and bathe first. I am for the latter, of course, but I will do well either way. I am not as... vain as some might think."

Last edited:

Remove ads