• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Viridian Plague: Act II--The Lady of Prophecy & Act III--A Shred of Hope

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Obscurity does not notice any traps on this initial approach as the group moves steadily forward, eventually entering into a round chamber with an altar at the centre and a dead end. When the group nears the altar, it hums and sparkles with spirit energy, and a barrierlike sphere shimmers around the room, dazzling with every colour in the spectrum.*

*When the lights are gone, the room has no hallways, but four doors. One each in the north, east, south, and west. All four doors seem to be sealed. On closer inspection, each door is engraved in bas relief with an elaborate scene, somehow, perhaps magically, imbued with colour. To the north, a terrible white wyrm sleeps in a glacial den, as beautiful tiny female ice spirits flit about, bedecked in what is either diamond jewelry, diamond chains, or both at once. To the east, mermaids sing at a lagoon on the edge of the jungle, as sunlight streams down, beaming glowing rays upon their bare flesh and sparkling scales. To the south, dryads dance in a ring in a glade within the jungle, their hair bedecked in myriad colours from red to gold to orange, and even the rare blue of the Jyrdan tree, as leaves of similar colours blow about in the winds that tousle the dryads' hair. To the west, fields of beautiful flowers of every colour stretch out into infinity, as a beautiful woman, at once regal and wise yet innocent and naive, sits gazing at the clouds and daydreaming of love.*

unleashed

First Post
Trayah, Lacerta Shaman

“Hrrmmm, I guess we’re each supposed to go through a different door here, considering four doors have appeared. With each of you passing through the door of the season you represent... the white wyrm, winter... the mermaids, summer... the dryads, fall... while I go through the last door, which seems to represent Arylyra and spring,” Trayah muses, as he contemplates the room and the images on the doors.

Bront

The man with the probe
"So beautiful," Whinoah says, gazing in each direction.

"I am of the Summer winds, perhaps that is where I should be?"

OOC: It's summer or autumn, I couldn't remember.

unleashed

First Post
Trayah, Lacerta Shaman

“Well, I cannot be completely sure, Rowanne, but the appearance of four doors which seem to correspond exactly to the seasons the three of you represent, along with one representing Arylyra, whom I have come here to seek, leads me to think that is what we are supposed to do. Of course it could also simply be we need to choose the door which depicts Arylyra, but that seems a trifle simplistic considering the options before us,” Trayah answers. “Though if anyone has a better idea, I’m open to suggestions...”

Bront

The man with the probe
Whinoah stares beyond the summer door, examing the mermaids and everything in there she sees.

OOC: Spot/Listen/Search from the edge. If any nymphly instincts tell her anything, let me know as well.

Erekose13

Explorer
Thinking for only a few more moments, Obsurity looks to the autumn door, then back to Trayah, "Never mind, you are probably right. I think that just as the door at the begining was a test for each of us, each of these door presents individual tests for us." Obviously she was becoming soft, too dependant on others. She was a dolathi after all, and one that preferred to work alone in all cases.

Remove ads