Viridian Plague--New Spring [Trayah]

Rystil Arden

First Post
"No. Sealed here, I am unable to view the outside world, hence why I ask if you understand the nature of the darkness, for it is not something I can tell you. But tell me, how can you hope to succeed where the Great Shaman of this shrine has failed? I know the Shaman, and he was much more powerful than you are."

unleashed

First Post
“Yes he was, but he decided to sacrifice himself to protect a single village. Which, while a noble gesture, which protected the people there as a Shaman should, doesn’t combat the darkness directly or prevent it from spreading. To answer your question though, I don’t know how I am to succeed, when the Great Shaman could not, but I must make the attempt nonetheless.”

“As to the nature of the darkness itself, even the Great Shaman had learned little with regard to that, and he had had much longer to study it that I and greater powers at his disposal to do so. What we do know though from observation though, is that the darkness corrupts all it touches, twisting the body as the evil pervades it, though it seems to affect certain creatures differently than others, creating many varieties of tainted creatures. Also, we know from the Great Shaman it has spead from the east. That was about all he could determine though, as he was spending most of his spiritual energy trying to heal or drive away the taint.”

Rystil Arden

First Post
"It sounds like something for which you are woefully unprepared, if you and your guardians can't even manage the tame challenges presented here. You do realise that if you are correct about the evil's corrupting quality, then by increasing your strength, you are simply increasing the danger you will present to the world after your inevitable defeat and corruption."

unleashed

First Post
“Enough of your doubts spirit, for we already know what we lack. We are fighting blind, our group sent out with the barest hint of what we’d face, based on a prophecy provided by the spirit Ooyana through their Shaman. That village has now been overtaken by the darkness and even sent minions to hunt us, which we surivived. So, if your wisdom cannot aid us, please keep your opinions to yourself, as we do not need our resolve questioned by one who can do nothing to help.”

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The spirit sighs.*

"You truly don't understand, do you? Well, I wonder if you have magic in your arsenal to cure poison or wounds...because..."

*An image appears of Obscurity, climbing up a tree trunk, battered and cut from a large number of injuries to within an inch of her life, and blanched unhealthily, a poison-filled gash evident across her shoulder.*

"If you do, you were a bit irresponsible to send out this guardian without any such aid. Her imminent death is assured, particularly as the poison leeches her strength and slows her down."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I have explained it already. You are insufficient. You are weak. You are foolish. And your poor decisions are even now resulting in the death of those who believed in you, who followed you to their deaths."

unleashed

First Post
“Yes, I have heard your opinion on all of that, though I don’t know how much value to place on anything you say. So, what would you have done better spirit, if you are so wise?”

Rystil Arden

First Post
"What disrespect, foolish one. Well, let's see. First, I would have come alone. A true Shaman can certainly deal with the poisons and other maladies that hinder that dying Feldori there, a true Shaman has a keen mind that can solve the puzzles presented in the Winter trial, and a true Shaman has the strength of body to beat minor guardians--actually, probably everyone does unless they spend half their time tumbling around to try to get out of range and shoot a bow once, only to be charged immediately anyway, often by a creature that can pounce and thus attack multiple times."

unleashed

First Post
“What disrespect? I asked for your opinion and honestly stated my feelings on your words thus far, since you have offered little insight beyond ridiculing our attempt. As for coming alone, again, why allow guardians if the purpose of the trials is to test the Shaman seeking Arylyra’s help? The only reason I can see, is that you also wish to test those who would travel with the Shaman, if the tests are as easy to pass as you say. Hrrrmm, what do you truly want of me spirit? As I can see little purpose in our roundabout conversation beyond your trying to make me surrender and leave, which you have said is no longer possible. Correct?”

Remove ads