• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Viridian Plague--New Spring [Trayah]

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Sacrifice? Hardly. Sacrifice such as I suggested is a failure, though admittedly a failure less total than the failure towards which you seem to be drifting regardless. You lack the qualities to succeed, so you may want to spend more thought on cutting your losses than you on shooting for the moon."

unleashed

First Post
“Well then, it seems I’m still waiting to actually do the trial, as I have been since you asked initially. So let’s get on with it, instead of talking about my supposed failures and weaknesses.”

Last edited:

unleashed

First Post
“Again, nothing but scorn from you spirit. Then why should I be surprised, as that is all I have received from you thus far. There is little point holding such derision against you though, as you cannot be other than what you are.”

*Choosing a direction, east if he can determine such a thing as direction here, Trayah begins to walk.*

Rystil Arden

First Post
*As Trayah walks away:*

"Run away if you like. You will just be doing physically what you have been doing in word and spirit this entire time, so I guess there will be little change. There is no way to conquer a challenge except to face it."

*Trayah walks into the distance, an endless featureless field of flowers.*

unleashed

First Post
*Finding that the scenery does indeed seem to continue forever, Trayah turns around and returns to the spirit.*

“Run away? Again you make little sense, spirit. Then, that seems to be standard fare with you.”

*Trayah shakes his head and sighs, a look of compassion crossing his face before he continues.*

“I think you have been alone here too long spirit. Whether my words are misunderstood by you, I cannot say, but your assessment seems quite misguided seeing as I have accepted responsibility for all my actions.”

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Before Trayah can even turn around, as soon as he decides to return, he is there.*

"Accepting responsibility is possible while still running from the challenges ahead. You make the motions because you feel you should, but you don't believe in your ability to succed."

unleashed

First Post
“Because I should? Not at all, I do it because I feel it is the right thing to do. As for not believing in my ability to succeed. I am confident in my abilities, spirit, but I am not so conceited to think I know everything, or that I will automatically succeed just because I am a Shaman... though I will never cease trying until I can try no more.”

Remove ads