• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

viscious

Rakusia

First Post
hey does anyone think its a good idea to make a rogue with high hp so i can use viscious to further add to sneak attack damage?

Fallenibilis

First Post
Personally i have never liked Viscous it my least favorite weapon enchantment of all time followed shortly by Vorpal (but thats a different story). I have a problem with anything that damage yourself cause in general the extra hp could be the amount used to with stand a blow and get in the little extra that drops the enemy.

There have only been two times where i have liked on was for a friend of mines character who was both a masochist and sadist so it fit the character very well and the other was for a NPC Troll warlord who had a Viscous great axe so the damage to its self didn't really matter much because of its regeneration.

I would save up for a +2 enchanment like collison (one of the few enchanments that get multiplyed on a crit) or a personal favorite of mine vampiric (1d6 extra damage may not be much extra damage but the fact that you get healed that same amount gives your character so staying power... i wish my dm let me use wrathful healing :( )

Fallenibilis

Rakusia

First Post
good point but idk we kinda have a standing rule that everyone gets a +1 enchant on their weapon of choice. usually dm chooses the chant though. and we did this cause we do a lot of pick up stand alone adventures and at least one guy always brings in a character from a high magic story line so were trying to keep it kinda fair

Fallenibilis

First Post
Bane is good if you know that the Adventure will heavy with a certain type of creature. Also can't go wrong with one of the standerd elemental enchaments, i would choose corrosive though a weapon that can melt through things with a mere touch is kinda badass, also solid from a mechanical standpoint as its one of the fewest resisted elements and can do leathal damage to most thing with regeneration.

Fallenibilis

Rakusia

First Post
hmmm ill have to look into that one. i generaly like throwing myself but was looking for something to kick my dps into high gear

Dandu

First Post
I find Viscious useful if you've got a source of healing. Maybe if you're a crusader, or a dwarf who can heal from drinking alcohol.

Rakusia

First Post
wait couldnt you put viscious on main hand and vampiric on off?that way you get the extra 2d6 while your healed from the damage you give yourself

Pergentile

Explorer
That extra life could just get you more rounds attacking, and so either way you would get the extra damage.

Try Mortal bane, since it gives +2d6 against anything subject to critical hits/sneak attack damage, and if your DM is nice, you can reasonably argue that because of its nature, the 2d6 should be multiplied on a critical hit.

Dandu

First Post
That extra life could just get you more rounds attacking, and so either way you would get the extra damage.

Try Mortal bane, since it gives +2d6 against anything subject to critical hits/sneak attack damage, and if your DM is nice, you can reasonably argue that because of its nature, the 2d6 should be multiplied on a critical hit.
1. Mortalbane is for SLA's.
2. Damage dice are never multiplied.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads