• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Volunteers to proofread the 500 page Act One hardcover (4e)?

Siberys

Adventurer
I feel I should note that, for simple misspellings or page references, I just highlighted the entry. I hop that doesn't throw a wrench into things on your end.

Okay. The notes are all in, and I'm uploading now to send to Eric. At this point we're just waiting for Eric to do these edits, and Russ to write some sort of foreword.

Then comes the REAL fun. Pathfinder.

Marius Delphus

Adventurer
It's achingly close. The layout and corrections are done, and all it needs is a few "user experience" touches to get it ready for release (for example, the TOC currently doesn't work and there aren't any bookmarks or hyperlinks) plus a final check for any show-stoppers.

Also I want to offer heartfelt thanks to everybody who contributed to the proofreading effort. The error document was extraordinarily helpful.

[edit] Post 1000, hooray! [/edit]

Last edited:

Siberys

Adventurer
I'm a bit disappointed in the Act I HC - several of the spelling mistakes I noted in adventure 3 are still present! I'm afraid my notes regarding sentence structure or clarity may have drowned out those I made about simple typing errors. :(

All of the page references seem correct, though.

Elfshire

First Post
I'm a bit disappointed in the Act I HC - several of the spelling mistakes I noted in adventure 3 are still present! I'm afraid my notes regarding sentence structure or clarity may have drowned out those I made about simple typing errors. :(

All of the page references seem correct, though.

You're not alone. Many of my changes in Chapter 5 were neglected as well, including the puzzling instances in which Dale is referred to as a Captain, Lieutenant, and Major... all in the span of three pages (starting on 344).

Seems like the layout guy bit off a little more than he could chew with this project? I dunno what happened. On the other hand, I was pleased to see that the carriage speeds in the opening combat encounter were adjusted so they weren't moving at walking speed, and the dwarf snipers now have attacks that actually work like rifled weapons, so that's cool.

hirou

Explorer
It looks like the sidebar "Headquarters layout" from page 54 of the original "Digging for lies" somehow disappeared from compilation.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads