• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Von Zarovich Family Sword

Alnag

First Post
Hi, I have question about this particular artifact.

Property: Once per day, if the Sword has been used to help defeat a living enemy, it must feed. The owner is stunned until the start of his or her next turn. (Open Grave, p. 47)

Does that mean, that the first creature that I attacked (successfully I guess) and was later defeated (get to 0 hp or lower) is trigger of this property? Does it trigger immediately after such creature gets to 0 hp...

I am bit confused with the wording, but I am not a native speaker. The overall question is, whether the owner of the sword decides when the sword will feed (as long as the conditions are met) or if it is automatic and immediate reaction (and to what exactly)...

Thank you for any answer in this matter.

Last edited:

Flipguarder

First Post
its vague enough to allow ruling on either side.

Honestly I would say that once its established that a living enemy has been permanently taken out of combat, you are stunned as an immediate reaction until the start of your next turn.

It really doesn't effect much, just stops you from acting outside of your turn until your next one begins.

Jhaelen

First Post
I'd say the sword feeds directly after defeating the enemy - unless the sword is displeased with the character - then it might decide to wait for an opportunity that is less beneficial for the owner ;)

Remove ads