Vote for your favorite Paragon Path - Part 17: Sorcerer

Which is your favorite Sorcerer Paragon Path?

• Arcane Wellspring (PHB2)

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Blizzard Mage (AP)

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Celestial Scholar (AP)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demonskin Adept (PHB2)

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Dragon Guardian (AP)

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Dragonfoe Ragespell (Dr 379)

• Dragonsoul Heir (PHB2)

• Essence Mage (AP)

• Lightning Fury (AP)

• Primordial Channeler (AP)

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Wild Mage (PHB2)

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • What would Hennet do?

• Poll closed .

babinro

First Post
Just curious -- in practice, how often do you have the resistance that you want, or at worst your second choice? Half the time? More? I mean, Cold Manifestation could be great when you want to slow all your targets, but it doesn't help much if your current Wild Soul is Radiant.

Sweet, I only just now realized my PC was cheating on this. So I can't answer your question properly. My PC would roll twice per extended rest, but because they are a Drow, they would simply rest twice during the 8 hours required for the rest of the party and roll two more times. Using this cheating, there was never an instance where the Manifestation went bad in all 14 levels he's run it.

Should be interesting to see how much the build is weakened by the fact you can't take two extended rests within an 8 hour period.

Last edited:

Enclave

First Post
Sure, which is why I said "in practice", meaning, how often can you get the one you want in actual play conditions?

I just read a feat called "Fortunate Resistance" you can achieve the Wild Soul you want 60% of the time, even greater odds if you also take "Disciplined Wild Soul".

However "Fortunate Resistance is a DDi feat so I don't know if you have access to it or not. If you do it's in Class Acts: Sorcerer.

Victim

First Post
Demonskin Adept just lets you pick your resistance. Every encounter. And Demon Soul Bolts is a tasty multi-attack power. The sorcerer is all about static mods, so getting 3 shots on guy turns into huge damage.

Enclave

First Post
Demonskin Adept just lets you pick your resistance. Every encounter. And Demon Soul Bolts is a tasty multi-attack power. The sorcerer is all about static mods, so getting 3 shots on guy turns into huge damage.

However that only becomes available once you reach Paragon levels. The feat I'm talking about is a Heroic Feat and is available to Wild Magic Sorcerers from level 1. Additionally, the Demonskin Adept may not fit the flavour he wants for his character.

Though that said, Demonskin Adept is a pretty cool Paragon Path I'll admit.

Remove ads