• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

W2: The Search For Tomas Quinn (Rae Judging)

Wik

First Post
Corwyn notices a small tuft of fur that has rubbed against the side of the trapdoor entrance. It smells... bad. Real bad. As if wet dog, urine, and rotten blood had been mixed together. It's almost enough to make him retch.

Solange notices one thing about this little basement - There are a few carvings on the nearby wall that have some religious insignia. The general layout of the carvings suggest religious material, but they have faded so much that she cannot pick out the specific deity. She has a feeling, though, that it's not a good one.

The group of you heads into the tunnel. Less than ten feet in, it narrows until it's barely three feet wide, with a ceiling that's less than six feet. The ground is uneven, and it's pitch black.

The only sound you can hear is that of dripping water, and a low rumbling coming from above - at first it's worrying, until you realize that it's the sound of the rain finally coming down and hitting the pavement. You must be under the street right now.

Order going in? And is there a light source?

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
if there is a light source Pendrake will lead. his shield will be sholdered and a torch in his left hand with his sword in his right...provided someone has a torch to hand him...he also will have to duck down as he is 6" taller then the passage.

Corwyn

First Post
Aiken hands a torch to Pendrake. And since his hackles have risen from the ominous vibes he gets from the place he takes the rear.

Wik

First Post
OOC: So, it's Pendrake, Cepheus, Hukk, Solange, Aiken? Something like that? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm just going to assume that's the marching order right now.

OOC2: Yeah, I know Eternal Sword's PC isn't in the list. We can just assume Mr. Psychic Warrior disappeared along the way, or stayed at the temple of Halina. I *really* don't wanna NPC him. If someone else wants to, they can.

The tunnels are very narrow, and Pendrake has to crouch to make his way through them. His torch sputters, and the flames hit the stone roof above, turning the limestone it strikes a bubbling black. The air smells of cold stone, with a trace of... sewage?

Hukk looks around nervously, craning his neck to see past Pendrake (looking over Cepheus' head). "It's quiet" he whispers. "Tomas' boys usually make more noise. And I don't hear anything."

Soon, Pendrake finds that he's walking in a few inches of sludgy water that reaks of sewer filth. Solange notes a small crack in the wall nearby - this tunnel must run awfully close to the sewers, and some cross-contamination has occurred.

After perhaps one hundred feet of walking through long puddles of filth, Pendrake notices a small object floating in the water. He looks down, and sees a teddy bear floating face down. Kicking it over with his foot, the bear has only a single button-eye, and most of the other stitching has come unravelled. It is completely soaked in the filth.

"That's... That's Hans' bear. He never goes anywhere without it..." Hukk says quietly. And then he looks up.

Ahead, beyond the dim range of the torch, you can see a faint light. "The lights in the main hall are lit." Hukk whispers.

Solange

First Post
OOC: Sounds good for an order.

"Keep yer voices down, somethin' ain't right." Solange says as they slowly approach. She tries to be as quiet as possable.

Remove ads