• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

W2: The Search For Tomas Quinn (Rae Judging)

Wik

First Post
Hukk, a little dizzy, stops and looks at Solange. "Shh!" he hisses, and gets ready to spin again. "I have to cast the magic spell, or the magic curses Tomas cast on the doors will kill you all. And I like you."

He starts spinning again, before he gets so dizzy that he stumbles, and falls flat on his face. He lands on his backpack, which seems to be squishy.

Then he gets back to his feet, and seems satisfied with the results. "Follow me!" he calls out, and then starts moving quickly.

You follow him into an area that can only be called "Derelict". Several sewer grates nearby are open to the air, cloaking the street in a miasma of stench and filth. Boarded-up warehouses line the streets, and only a few store fronts seem to be in use; and they are all currently closed - luckily for you, since they look like the type of places that would cater to the seedy underclass of Orussus.

Hukk moves to one of the boarded up WArehouses, and moves aside a few wooden boards. "Let's go!"

You all (with the exception of Cepheus) have to tightly squeeze through, to get into an empty warehouse. It's almost pitch black, and you're amazed to see that Hukk can maneuver with no problem.

He makes his way to a trapdoor in the far corner of the empty warehouse, and then starts digging through his backpack.

"I gotta disarm one more trap."

He digs out what appears to be a dead rat, and he starts waving it around. "Loo-ka, hoo-ka, boo boo boo!" he chants this several times, and then seems surprised. Looking back at you, he puts one hand on his hips, and says "Well!?" and resumes chanting, obviously waiting for you to do something.

Edit - Solange - he seems on the ball, here. He sincerely believes he's doing "magic".

Last edited:

Corwyn

First Post
Well thinks Aiken .. when in Rome and all that...
He proceeds to copy Hukk's moves and words.
"Loo-ka, hoo-ka, boo boo boo!"

Out of a corner of his mouth he whispers "I feel a bit silly doing this."

Wik

First Post
Scott DeWar said:
"ahem,.. uh, loo-ka, hoo-ka, boo boo boo."

OOC: Ha ha ha. Priceless stuff. :)

Seemingly satisfied, Hukk proceeds to lift up the trap door, and warily sticks his hand inside, as if fearing some sort of spell is going to fry him. When he pulls his hand back safely, he nods to himself.

"The spell worked. I don't un'erstand magic like Tomas does... I ain't no magicker like your mom." He looks towards Solange.

"Well, let's go."

The trapdoor leads into some sort of underground passage, like a basement of a warehouse that has obviously seen some modifications.

OOC: Spot & Listen checks, as well as Knowledge (Local) or (Religion) checks if you have ranks in 'em.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Pendrake is still bemused by the "protection from spells" that he had just participated in and, well, takes no notice of things beyond...

spot and listen checks(no mods) (1d20=1, 1d20=5)
OOC....
In het Nederlands:
vernietig dat onzichtbare kasteel... proberend om mijn karakter opnieuw te doden!

in het Engels:
blast that invisible castle...trying to kill my character again!

IC:

and since he is just a dumb ol' fighter who just got off the turnip boat, he has no ranks in any knowledge.

Corwyn

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Scott DeWar said:
OOC....
In het Nederlands:
vernietig dat onzichtbare kasteel... proberend om mijn karakter opnieuw te doden!

in het Engels:
blast that invisible castle...trying to kill my character again!

In zou het niet weten het kasteel vindt mij best aardig :cool:

trans= I wouldn't know the castle likes me :cool: [/sblock]

Remove ads