W2: The Search For Tomas Quinn (Rae Judging)

Wik

First Post
OOC: Ah, the temple of Halina - though they might have some questions about opinions about the rash, too. Just be glad it's on Pendrake's hand. ;)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
]ooc[at the rdi, we may have a new recruit...just didnt want to wave him off...give me a 'second or two']/ooc[

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Pendrake jogs to catch up with the priestess when she stops for a second, says something and backhand smacks pendrake with the wand, "ow! vas ist da...?", his exclamation is fully halted when he realizes she had healed him of wounds causesing him to humbly be wordless for the rest of the trek to the temple.

19/21 hp

LogicsFate

First Post
A small catfolk wanders up behind Pendrake. A strange sight for those that don't know of the Katara, made stranger still by the presence of a large dog lumbering behind him. Hi! I'm Mearran, I was told I might be of assistance. We I mean, This is Triton. He motions his dog into the conversation.

OOC: I'll post my meager stats when I'm not about to go to a meeting.

LogicsFate

First Post
How far will we be going? Overnight perhaps? I could commune in the morning and help with healing for tomorrow?

OoC:
[sblock=Mearran stats] 7 hp I'll stay in the back.)
1st level spells - Tireless Journey, Entangle.
[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

"vee are not sure how far away it ist...," he looks to the rest of theparty and says, "maybe das mothers of the temple vould know vere to look und how far ve neet to go. zat would answer your question mein friend, and as to your question of all goplins needing kilt, only the ones i haf met so far...the dishonorable mangy currs zat zey are."

]ooc[a cat and a dog, getting along together!! ITS THE END OF THE WORLD!!!]/ooc[

Wik

First Post
Staying for one more night at the house of Halina is definately a possibility. The rains are drenching Orussus - a Pineapple Express, if that term were to be used in the city. Ice-cold waters slam down onto the cobblestones, hitting the ground with a fury that is seldom seen. Making your way through the city is a difficulty, at the very least - even two minutes outside, and your clothes are soaked-through. Not even the most dedicated soul dares to venture outside for more than a few moments.

WHich is probably for the better where Tomas is concerned - while he may be pinned down (wherever he is; didn't you hear he was in the docks?), the weather is just bad enough that searching for him is an impossibility, for others just as much for you.

You make your way to the Temple of Halina, which is already busy sheltering various street people, as well as a large group of Tomas' "gang" of children. They sip from clay mugs of hot broth, wrapped in warm blankets. The Halinan "Temple Moms" welcome you all with a nod, though you are told plainly that there is a shortage of beddings - unfortunately, if you wish to sleep here, it'll have to be on the floor, or perhaps sharing a room with a Temple Mom ("And no funny business!" one ofthem strictly informs Aiken).

Of course, a few eyebrows are raised at the presence of the Katara, Mearran. Sitting down by the fireplace, you all have a chance to inform Mearran of your current adventure and goals - which I'll leave to you.

OOC:I'll be rewarding XP sometime soon - my last exam is in two hours, and I have all day tomorrow off. Anyways, it'll give one or two of you a chance to level up. Also, since you're at the temple of Halina, you can all fully heal, and Pendrake can lose that nasty rash on his arm (A simple salve is enough to get rid of it). And spells can be re-memorized.

Regarding the adventure - I'm actually taking things a bit beyond my notes at this point. TO be honest, I didn't expect Hukk to be kidnapped, and the granary side-quest was rather unplanned. Also, the "leaving Orussus" part was actually scheduled for my next adventure - but I think the opportunity came up for me to link it in here, so I'll be doing some re-writes.

ON the bright side, today is my last exam, and I'm done for a few months. While the next bit is still going to be busy, I think I'll have a bit more time to dedicate to this adventure.

Finally, a warning - while the next few encounters (presuming you try to rescue Hukk, or Tomas) are going to be "more of the same", once you leave Orussus, expect some strangeness. It's gonna be a barrel of monkeys. :D

Scott DeWar

]ooc[re: the barrel of simians:

can't wait!!!]/ooc[

wic said:
or perhaps sharing a room with a Temple Mom ("And no funny business!" one ofthem strictly informs Aiken).

pendrake grins and elbows Aiken gently.

...and Pendrake can lose that nasty rash on his arm (A simple salve is enough to get rid of it).
His response:
"It vasn't fleez from das mangy curr? " he asks in suprise.

]ooc[wow! the next chapter then?
part one: find thomas (by the docks?)
part two: recover hukk (from the mansion")
part three: find the cave (and what ever is in it)
part four: find out what the connection between the goblins, their leader and thomas' mom (human sacrifice of a soceress?)
these questions and more wil be answered in the next episode of "one young and restless northerner's life to live while his stomach churns, so are the days of our lives while we wait our the storn in the general hospital."]/ooc[

Remove ads