• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

W2: The Search For Tomas Quinn (Rae Judging)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Before Aiken gets too far away, the northerner taps him on the arm. whenhe has his attention pendrake taps his long bow and says softly while pointing towaard the goblin in charge and says, "Eerst afstands wapens?"

[sblock=translatrion] missle fire first? [/sblock]

Last edited:

Corwyn

First Post
"If Thomas is on that boat I'd prefer not fighting through all those goblins and blacklillies to get there. Anyone see an alternative?"

If there is no alternative (could we approach the boat from the other side?) Aiken will stand next to Pendrake and guard him till someone comes into melee range. Aiken has no ranged, attacks just his daggers and there is a very limited supply of those.

[sblock=OC Scott translation]

The translation of what you wrote would come down to 'rocket burns first place'
the problem being that the dutch language doesn't have a good translation for missile in this context. "Eerst afstands wapens" would be closer to the point you are trying to make. Translation "Ranged weapons first" [/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
]ooc Good thing i put in the translation ... that was a rather interesting "lost in translation" effect! ]/ooc[

]ic[ Pendrake pulls out his bow and nocks an arrow. "who vould notice Ye und oter arrow?" asks the northerner, "vee draw der goblins from ship und let guards fight blacklillies fur now."

The tall human takes aim at the goblin giving orders to the other goblins and ... *Twang!*

aginst the gobling chief (1d20+5=16, 1d8=6)

the arrows flies through the air (this is actually a 12 iaw rule 1 of post 790. i forgot to factor that in.)

Wik

First Post
As the group gets close, Solange is able to read off from her scrolls. At first, she whispers, but when she realizes her voice will not carry in the pounding rain, she is able to speak louder. Both Pendrake and Aiken are suddenly favoured by Halina, and feel even more compelled to help the poor child trying to escape the beleaguered craft.

Aiken cannot see another way onto the ship, barring swimming and climbing up the side. Unfortunately, the craft is too far from nearby ships to allow easy access. He supposes it might be possible to leap from the docks onto the ship itself, though it would be difficult, to say the least...

Pendrake lets loose his arrow, though it twists madly in the wind and doesn't strike a foe. Instead, it lands onto the pavement with a loud wooden clack, and one of the goblins turns and looks at you, its red eyes glowing like a cat's in the dark night. It is about to let loose a scream when Cepheus' bolt strikes it in the side, though the arrow fails to pierce the goblin's armour, inflicting only minor damage.

Round one of combat is about to begin. Both Pendrake and Aiken are maybe forty feet from the nearest goblins... Cepheus is perhaps only 20 feet away, but off to the side. The throng of goblins is twenty feet away from the ship (at this distance, you can see that it is named the Protector). Solange is fifteen feet or so behind Pandrake. No one knows where Hukk has disappeared...

OOC: I am still working on a map. Actually, I'm working on two. I think I might just crap out and post a really simple line map - Dundjinni is a bit difficult to work, when you're sitll learning it!

Edit - Just added the map. It's off grid a bit, because I'm silly and moved it, and can't seem to line it up perfectly. But, it's close enough that you should have an idea of where everyone is.

[sblock=initiative and status effects]
Pendrake = 24 Divine Favour = +1 attack and damage; 10 rounds remain
Aiken = 22 Divine Favour = +1 attack and damage; 10 rounds remain
Goblins (4) = 19. #1 has taken 2 damage
Cepheus = 14+
Goblin "Chief" = 14
Solange = 13[/sblock]

Attachments

• Blacklily Map.jpg
    Blacklily Map.jpg
    523.6 KB · Views: 281
Last edited: