• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wagons of Death!

Paul Strack

First Post
Has anyone checked out the Crashing and Ramming rules in the Adventurer's Vault, p. 16 yet? If you double-move a wagon, (speed 4 with a pair of horses), you inflict 8d10 damage on anyone you run into at the end of that move. With a team of 4 horses, you can do 12d10 damage. A "weapon" that does 12d10 damage for 320 gp is pretty nice.

Of course, the wagon takes an equal amount of damage, and any passengers take half that ... but still, it's pretty ugly. It looks like they equated Crashing = Falling without thinking about the ramifications (pun intended).

That One Guy

First Post
I want wagons of death now.

Seriously, a villain who does not care about the lives of his/her people using them to suicide like that'd be... pretty intense. Or if they ditch the wagon last minute to fight on the ground. Actually, that ditch a wagon technique may be something I do as a PC some day... since I'm playing currently.

Byronic

First Post
Are there any rules for dodging? It's a bit odd if characters can't even try to dodge it or otherwise mitigate damage.

I think I predict house rules for adding things to the chariot to make it more suitable for ramming...

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Well, "wagons of death" is somehow... realistic. Just look what happened to Pierre Curie. Wagons, carriages, and so on are nasty if you get hit by them. :confused:

Cheers, LT.

Regicide

Banned
Banned
Even better, make your players be caravan guards then have a dog, or even a kobold, run out into the middle of the road to be hit by the wagon... your players are riding... who then take 30 damage average.

Lizard

Explorer
Even better, make your players be caravan guards then have a dog, or even a kobold, run out into the middle of the road to be hit by the wagon... your players are riding... who then take 30 damage average.

Reminds me of the GURPS collision rules, which used a formula based on mass and speed, so that being hit by a giant slug (Move 1) was usually fatal...(Overrun, sure, but the impact alone?)

Every game has its "Murphys".(RPGnet RPG Game Index: Murphy's Rules)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads