Waldorf!

Fieari

Explorer
Hrm. Waldorf would probably be able to get off single kiloton explosions. Depending on his int stat, he might be able to get the XP burn down a bit, and of course cast it faster. He'll only be able to let off 36 a day however. Pity.

Upper Krust said:
KILOTON
Evocation
Spellcraft DC: 379
Components: V, S, XP.
Casting Time: 10 minutes
Range: 3,000 ft.
Effect: Variable (see below)
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Fortitude partial.
Spell Resistance: No
To Develop: 900,000 gp; 18 days; 36,000 XP; Seeds: afflict (DC 14), destroy
(DC 29), energy (DC 19) and slay (DC 25). Factors: change from bolt to ball
(+2 DC), increase range 900% (+18 DC), increase area 4900% (+196 DC),
increase afflict damage 14 points (+56 DC), increase destroy damage by
40d6 (+80 DC), increase energy damage by 30d6 (+60 DC). Mitigating
factors: burn 10,000 XP (-100 DC), increase casting time to 10 minutes (-
20 DC).

This spell creates a massive atomic explosion, mimicking the effects
of one kiloton of TNT. The conflagration has four different effects. Firstly,
anyone within 150 a feet radius of the epicenter must make a Fortitude
save or be disintegrated. Secondly, anyone standing within 250 feet of the
epicenter suffers 40d6 fire damage (Fortitude save for half ). Thirdly the
shockwave deals 60d6 bludgeoning damage up to a 1000 foot radius
(Fortitude save for half). Lastly, anyone within 1000 feet of the epicenter
suffers radiation poisoning, which deals 6 points of damage to their
Constitution, Dexterity and Strength.

Wolv0rine

First Post
demiurge1138 said:
I am very proud to note that, of the actual paper copies of old Dragon Magazines that I have, the Waldorf issue is among them.

Long live Waldorf! And his cohort, Statler!

Demiurge out.
Heh, I didn't get any reaction out of that joke in the other thread, either.

paradox42

First Post
Eh, Waldorf gets PWNED by Pun-Pun. He just can't compete- I mean seriously, only 358th level? What a joke.

A Nexus Dragon or Neutronium Golem could take him out too, I'll bet. To say nothing of Mortiverse.

EDIT: And for that matter, so could the 3.5-statted version of the Draeden that I've been working on. :D How's a simple little nuke going to deal with a creature that eats planets when it's feeling peckish?

Fieari

Explorer
It's the fact that he's a single class 358th level character that is really to his detriment, poor unoptimized guy. With a bit of help from some moderate min/maxers, I'm sure he could do a LOT better by that level. Now, maybe not to the point that he could take on Pun pun, the neutronium golem, or the mortiverse, but he could at least be able to do something about some of the larger orichalcum constructs... maybe. With enough spell penetration, he might be able to do something about Lavos...

It's a shame he gets pwned by Pun Pun, since Pun Pun is a very unoptimized build for his CR anyway.

Lord Rasputin

Explorer
Damn, I was just looking to see if someone had a transcript of these letters online. Great memories.

I am looking forward to seeing Waldorf's character sheet.

Slife

First Post
Fieari said:
It's the fact that he's a single class 358th level character that is really to his detriment, poor unoptimized guy. With a bit of help from some moderate min/maxers, I'm sure he could do a LOT better by that level.

Yeah. Go artificer 358. Heck, just go artificer 4.

EDIT: Or ardent 1.

Last edited:

ruleslawyer

Fieari said:
Hrm. Waldorf would probably be able to get off single kiloton explosions. Depending on his int stat, he might be able to get the XP burn down a bit, and of course cast it faster. He'll only be able to let off 36 a day however. Pity.
A 358th-level wizard should be able to cast something a lot more bad-@$$ than a DC 379 epic spell. I'd imagine something in the 600-700 range. Bump damage to 120d6 destroy/90d6 energy/12 ability?

Remove ads