Starfinder Want Starfinder on Fantasy Grounds? Now's the Time!

Starfinder, the space-fantasy ruleset released by Paizo last year, is now available on Fantasy Grounds, the virtual tabletop software.

Starfinder, the space-fantasy ruleset released by Paizo last year, is now available on Fantasy Grounds, the virtual tabletop software.

Says SmiteWorks: "The ruleset comes with the entire contents of the Starfinder Core Rules in an easy to read reference manual and with drag and drop data elements for everything like classes, races, armor, shields, and starships. Character creation is assisted by dragging and dropping race, theme and then class. Starship build support and starship combat is still getting finalized but will make an appearance when we release version 1.0."

_Starfinder1.jpg
_Starfinder2.jpg
_Starfinder3.jpg
DeadSunsScreenshot003.jpg

What's available? The Starfinder Core Rules, the Alien Archive, and parts 1-3 of the Dead Suns adventure path.

ddaley

Explorer
DnD Beyond is still more than what is needed to quickly look up a rule without searching through a paper book.

I don't get this comment. Have you used D&D Beyond? Navigating rules, spells, classes, feats, etc is quite easy in D&D Beyond. Beyond that, you can easily navigate the contents of all of the official content that is available on D&D Beyond. Try bookmarking, or having open for reference, content from multiple sources... Monster Manual (multiple creatures), rules from the PHB, content from Volos and Xanathars and your adventure... all at once. This is quite easy in D&D Beyond. It is quite cumbersome in FG or PDFs (is that content even available in PDF)?

The biggest drawback to D&D Beyond for me is that it only has content from WoTC. Hopefully they open it up to 3rd party content at some point.

Even if I have FG open for running an adventure, I still have D&D Beyond open for quick reference.

Yes, I have DnDBeyond and I own all the materials. Since there are no PDF available, it is the best way to find a rule, but I play online using FG and it works well enough. All of the NPCs are fully populated and the character sheets have all the links to the materials. I almost always am just looking up conditions. I never have DNDBeyond opened up because I just stay in FG and use it. I do use DNDBeyond when I am doing development work.

Remove ads

Remove ads