• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wanted: A female point of view please

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
A lot of the female players I've met look more like Derro than Drow.

EN World is not one of the places on the internet where being insulting is seen as cool, or in any way a positive trait. Please reconsider your future posting style with that in mind. Thank you.

clip

First Post

Moderator Edit:
The EN World Rules are pretty specific - if you have a question or comment about moderation, we ask you to take it to e-mail or Private Message. Please don't comment on it in-thread - nobody needs that sort of threadjack. Thank you.

~Umbran, EN World Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Don't be ridiculous. Who is being insulted? Did I say "all"? Did I name someone? Please reconsider what exactly you are trying to achieve in future.

What exactly have you achieved in the above post, except potentially several thousand people sitting at their computers shaking their heads at you?
Umm...you posted a derogatory comment aimed at women, on a thread asking for womens opinions, and you really don't see what is wrong with any of it?

OnlineDM

Adventurer
My guess is that the female players you know who have gravitated toward Pathfinder have done so for the same reason that lots of casual players, male and female alike, will move from one game to another - the GM. Having a great GM makes just about any game fun. Having a lousy GM makes just about any game miserable.

I'd chalk it up largely to coincidence as far as game system is concerned, and consider whether the GM / other people at the game table differed from one game to another.

That said, it's possible that one system or another attracts really great GMs, which in turn attracts players. I feel like those of us who frequent places like EN World are NOT typical gamers - we're the people who are really into gaming. The typical players probably don't care all THAT much about the system and are just looking for a fun game to play with their friends.

clip

First Post
Umm...you posted a derogatory comment aimed at women, on a thread asking for womens opinions, and you really don't see what is wrong with any of it?

No. I'll tell you what I think the problem is. Total lack of understanding, and some people taking themselves far too seriously.

I did not post a derogatory comment aimed at women. That is an absurd suggestion. I posted a comment based on my experience of some women that I have met.

Secondly, the context of this is a thread that may have some merit, but has obviously been easily misunderstood. It is clear that at least one other poster, plus the original poster have identified the potential for misconstruing the intentions of the thread (ie "cruising for chicks"). The OP makes it clear that is not his intent. My reply to that is a validation of that. I may find it funny. You may not. Either way, I fail to see how it can be dressed the way you wish to interpret it.

Thirdly, all that was necessary was to take it on face value and leave well enough alone. But no - you want to challenge it and put your oar in, because under your own interpretation, you think it's insulting to women, without having considered what was actually written.

Fourthly, do you have any right to doubt the credence of my assertion? Have you met all the female gamers I have met?

Lastly, do you want to start on the interpretation of an analogy involving two non-existent subjects (ie Derro and Drow)?

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
clip said:
Don't be ridiculous.

Dude. You're a little new, so here's the deal: colored text is generally a moderator speaking, telling you that you're bending some rule to the breaking point. And, as per most of the Internet, calling a mod out in the thread is really, really a bad plan. So pls reconsider.

For the OP...

I don't think you're going to get an opinion that is representative of "females." There's as much variety there as anywhere else. Your best bet is to ask the ones you play with if they're down. If so, then go for it, if not, then serve 'em some other system. Don't worry about women in general, worry about the specific people you play with. The only people who can tell you what they're going to like or not is them.

On Puget Sound

First Post
Wanted: A sinister point of view

Hi all,

This is one of those "It could be in several different forum areas" post..sorry.

I've been a DM/GM and player for a long time and I have to say, I like to play in groups that are 'mixed'. I've heard in the past by some that having a left-handed presence in the group is distracting and therefore not recommended. I've found it to be just the opposite.

Having said that, I'm in need of a leftie perspective. I am just now reading Pathfinder books now to make a change. Since I haven't found a group to play with yet, I'm beginning to think I'm going to end up having to be a GM again, just to play.

So, here's my request. Although it may sound odd or bias or wahtever, I'm looking for posts and blogs from left-handed people who play Pathfinder. What I'm after is an other view point on what they like in the platform itself as well as in their favorite campaigns.

If you would be so kind to point me in a direction, I would really appreciate it. If you're a guy like me and happen to know of a left-handed player that would like to share, would you mind asking them to help me out?

Thanks! I appreciate your time.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads