Wanted: Players in Dallas, Texas

Mr. Beef

First Post
I'm looking for somewhere to play in the North Dallas, Addison, Farmers Branch, Carrollton area.

I encountered a gentleman and his girlfriend on these boards who were doing some pretty intresting stuff to the D&D 3.0 setting, but this was something like 2-3 years ago. All sorts of new rules and races it sounded really intresting. They took off on vacation and I never heard back from them.

I'd also be willing to DM a game if someone wanted to try out a pre-generated setting like Eberron or Forgotten Realms. I'm new to this DMing thing and I would like to try it after being a player on and off for various systems for the past 19 years. I would prefer to do Forgotten Realms since I was playing a game in that setting until about 18 months ago when we had to disband because our DM was moving. So I know some areas of that setting rather well and know some of the mythos about it too.

Not to knock Eberron or anything, but that setting just seems to prone to power gaming. Plus I hate Psionics, and that seems to make up some of Eberron. I like a nice balance of Magic and normality (or whatever comes close to that in D&D).

Hopefully I'll get a few bites from this because I miss gaming and hopefully I'll get to play again.

Thanks,

Mr. Beef

Remove ads