Wanted: Your Unpublished Work For Dog Soul Forums

Cathix

First Post
apalmer said:
Seems very intersting.

Heres a link to one of my galleries:

http://allenp.deviantart.com/gallery/

I assume when everythings up and running you will post here. Will we be putting our info into the site or will you?

Our target date to launch Dog Soul Forums is August 20th. Before that time we'd like to gather any submissions or artwork people want to contribute, as well as each contributor's urls, contact info, etc. We'd love to have some of your work featured in the Art Gallery. Send the pics you'd like to showcase, your bio and other info, to siretokkor@yahoo.com or litlbeast@yahoo.com and we'll include you on the site.

We'll be assembling the site ourselves, which is why we'd appreciate any submissions sent to us prior the 3rd week of the month (when the Forums site will be refreshed with new material).

Art remains on the site for 6 weeks - writing for 4, and articles for 2. People are always welcome to send us a note asking to keep their artwork in the Forums gallery longer, which we'll be happy to do. We'll also accept 'serial' pieces - long works of fiction we can post in episodic segments.

I hope you send us something - I went to your deviantart page and your work is kick-ass!

apalmer

First Post
BiggusGeekus said:
It is.

Allen, please put that link in your sig so you can generate more traffic for yourself.

Done :)

Thanks to you and Cathix.

I will submit some pieces for display sometime this evening probably.

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Cathix said:
The framework of the server/site I'm using does not allow for different copyright clauses on the bottom of each page. I could have a general statement however, and additional copyright info for each entry.

I'm surprised you can't just type in "Copyright (date) (owner), used with permission" at the bottom of every entry.

Cathix

First Post
HellHound said:
I'm surprised you can't just type in "Copyright (date) (owner), used with permission" at the bottom of every entry.

You can. There's an additional setting that specifies one general copyright notice for the entire site, and that's where the Creative Commons License notice will be. In addition, each person's name, info, and copyright notice will be posted after their entry at the bottom of their content field.

Last edited:

Cathix

First Post
d-minky said:
Do you want us to submit in a specific size or format? Also, how many pieces would you like us to submit? :)

Thanks

You can submit up to five pieces of art per 6 week period. Best format is jpg. You've got a space of 900 pixels by 1500 pixels for each piece of art - I will be personally making the thumbnails for each picture.

After 6 weeks we'll send you a note asking if you want your work to stay, or if you want to send us more current work. Hope that answers your questions reasonably well. :D

Oh, and one last thing. Hi Matthew! (Just now realized this is you) :p What, your emails broken or you're just an exhibitionist? (Of course you're an exhibitionist - you're an artist. D'oh.)

Remove ads