D&D 5E War Never Changes: Fallout Inspired Post Apocalyptic Campaign?

Zardnaar

Legend
R18 Hmmmnn

20240424_120825.jpg

Well after the TV show there's a fair bit of interest in the FO universe.

Thinking of a post apocalyptic sitting inspired by Fallout into Darksun goes into the to hard basket.

Very early brainstorming but thinking.

1. Heavy use of exhaustion mechanic.

2. Magitech. Artificer, power armor.

3. Power armor is magical heavy armor with Gauntlets of ogre power and double carrying capacity effect. T-45 is +1 chainmail, T-51 +1 full plate, t-60 +2 full plate, X-01 +3 full plate. Each set can have 2 upgrades eg advantage on perception checks, resistance to xyz damage.

4. Fallout can be magical in nature.

5. Aberrations and monstrosity thenes monsters with humanoids as raiders.

6. Factions.

Reynard

Legend
While there are lots of ways to do a post apocalyptic D&D campaign, I don't see the point when a gonzo science fantasy PA game allows for all that and more.

But if you want to see what D&D fantasy post apocalyptic (including Vaults) looks like, see Earthdawn.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
While there are lots of ways to do a post apocalyptic D&D campaign, I don't see the point when a gonzo science fantasy PA game allows for all that and more.

But if you want to see what D&D fantasy post apocalyptic (including Vaults) looks like, see Earthdawn.
What game is gonzo science fantasy PA?

Mecheon

Sacabambaspis
Fallout was flat-out intended to use the GURPs engine originally so uh, that's a choice. If you want to, y'know. Handle using GURPs

Otherwise, yeah, fish out one of the good Gamma World editions. I would not say D&D handles it well, especially with exhaustion

EDIT: There's actually a few Fallout RPGs out there. One uses the 2d20 system which I have, never heard of but seems to be at least decently liked, and an older one

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
Where are you located? What RPGs are generally available?

New Zealand.

It's pretty much D&D, Pathfinder then falls off a cliff after that. If you can find one good luck finding players.

I can usually get D&D players to sample Star Wars beyond tgat its fairly bleak.

That and I'm not really into most RPGs anyway.

Online you can aquire a limited number of books from here.

I've bought others eg Numenera, played Paranoia, Vampire, few others but yeah.

Remove ads