• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E War of the Burning Sky (5E)

SuperZero

First Post
[MENTION=6690219]SuperZero[/MENTION], are you actually compiling the conversion in some way? I'd love to see a 5E conversion.

At the moment, my conversion notes are just a Word document with lists of the 5E creatures I'm using in the first several encounters. Well, and Torrent's stats, but I included that in the OP here already.
I'm not good at taking notes. I could stand to write more of it down.

Zeromaru X

Arkhosian scholar and coffee lover
I'm still interested, but I don't have a character yet. I want to play a dragonborn (maybe a warrior or a paladin) if dragonborn can be used in your game world.

SuperZero

First Post
I'm still interested, but I don't have a character yet. I want to play a dragonborn (maybe a warrior or a paladin) if dragonborn can be used in your game world.

There isn't an established place for them in the setting, but if you have something in mind I'm not necessarily opposed.

pathfinderq1

First Post
I'm still (theoretically) interested, but I'm pretty sure I don't have the time needed to add another game. Looks like you have enough players, though, so I will probably lurk along...

SuperZero

First Post
And now I'm having internet connectivity issues, because nothing is ever easy. :erm:

Anyway, I've gone over all completed characters of people who said they were definitely still interested. I'll review the other ones tomorrow.

[MENTION=20005]Matthan[/MENTION]
At the top of Caleb's sheet it says his saving throw proficiencies are Dex and Int. In the class section it correctly says Wis and Cha, though.
Don't forget about expensive material components. Specifically he'll have spent 10 gp on the components for having a familiar.
Backstory looks all good. Is his unknown mother someone you'd want to pop up on his adventures? If the fiendish languages are due to his training to oppose Ragesia, they traffic specifically with devils and not really with demons. So you don't really need Abyssal if you want to take another standard language instead.

[MENTION=6801242]GreenKarl[/MENTION]
I think you shorted Toby 2 ability points.. 15 Dex (9) + 13 Con and Wis (2 x 5) + 10 in the other three (3 x 2) = 25.
Favored Enemy grants one language used by your enemy. For aberrations you could take Deep Speech, Undercommon... or any of the standard languages, really.

[MENTION=6805287]3SpdDragster[/MENTION]
Andocles's Initiative bonus should be +4--it's a Dexterity check, so Jack of All Trades applies.
I see his equipment includes "Lock of hair from Danaea," but I don't see Danaea mentioned elsewhere... I assume she (?) is a lover, given this is the favor of an admirer from the Entertainer's equipment list?

[MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION]
Hm. Well, everything looks good here, both mechanically and backstory-wise. My only note would be that you and Matthan have very similar characters, mechanically (and some similarity in motivation, although I suppose that's to be expected since I gave you some of that information to include).
If it doesn't bother the two of you, it's no problem to me.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
[MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION]
Hm. Well, everything looks good here, both mechanically and backstory-wise. My only note would be that you and Matthan have very similar characters, mechanically (and some similarity in motivation, although I suppose that's to be expected since I gave you some of that information to include).
If it doesn't bother the two of you, it's no problem to me.

Hey [MENTION=6690219]SuperZero[/MENTION]!

I'm glad to see this game is going to move! So I posted this character without looking at the others', but its obviously too similar to Mattan's. Let me rework something today and tomorrow, and I'll consider the wizard/cleric, ranger and bard roles filled. I may go back to my original idea of a paladin/warlock.
Cheers,

SG

GreenKarl

First Post
[MENTION=6801242]GreenKarl[/MENTION]
I think you shorted Toby 2 ability points.. 15 Dex (9) + 13 Con and Wis (2 x 5) + 10 in the other three (3 x 2) = 25.
Favored Enemy grants one language used by your enemy. For aberrations you could take Deep Speech, Undercommon... or any of the standard languages, really.

Ah thanks I will update (probably raise his INT to 12)... also how are you doing 2nd level's Hit Points? Do you want us to roll or use a base? Just wondering. I will edit now.

Remove ads