• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warcraft RPG??

Darmyth

First Post
Thanks to Mike and Bob for supplying the information that they have. I'm truly impressed to see those who have had hands-on experience on a project be considerate enough to stop by a 3rd-party messageboard and make a few comments.

I see the list of races and it's a pretty good list. No trolls though? :/

Though I will say that I'm interested in seeing how you all converted the trolls to be more balanced in WC RPG vs 3.5e

So yesterday I get onto RPGsheets.com and download some spell lists from some guy named "BOB" and was like "wow, these are really well laid out lists that tells me pretty much everything I need to know". Then I see here that BOB=Beazel=WC guru. BAH! sometimes I'm scared of this small world.

Either way though, I was impressed by the spell lists and they did cut down a ton of time for me. Thanks.

Beazel

First Post
I wish I could post my character sheet. :D Unfortunately, my char sheet right now has Arcana Unearthed material in it, and AU has not been released, so I can't release the char sheet either. Further, the AU material in my sheet does not match what is going to be published due to many balance changes. I would still need to update it to the current info before I made it public, at that's not about to happen unless I have players in an AU campaign. I'm too pragmatic that way. (Blizzard is pretty busy right now to be running any campaigns on a regular basis.) It's why my spell sheets are not getting updates; my players don't use any other sources than what are in the sheets now.

As for trolls in the RPG... I don't have any information on whether trolls will appear in a later product. I'm just guessing as much as anyone else would be guessing, but it sure seems like trolls are an integral part of the RTS... so...

--Bob

Beastman

First Post
Darmyth said:
So yesterday I get onto RPGsheets.com and download some spell lists from some guy named "BOB" ...Either way though, I was impressed by the spell lists and they did cut down a ton of time for me. Thanks.

Can you please give a link or more detailed name (or under which category to find them) of these spell sheets. Want to take a look. Thanx!

spacecrime.com

First Post
Cergorach said:

Oh, btw. Did you folks inform the distributors and the retailers? I haven't seen Warcraft show up on my RPG order form yet...

Actually, I think retailers are fairly aware of it. It's not in people's computer systems because it's been a little unclear when the book would release and what its vital statistics are. I don't think I've seen an ISBN or SKU number, for instance, though it's possible I just missed it in the most recent catalog.

That said, we've been cheerfully taking preorders in person and via IM. As soon as I'm sure of the release date and other numbers, we'll add it in to the computer as well!

cheers,

Darmyth

First Post
Beazel has supplied a link to a bunch of spell lists. THey look slightly different than the ones that I had seen but I can't find those again.

Phaedyme

First Post
Beazel said:
As for trolls in the RPG... I don't have any information on whether trolls will appear in a later product. I'm just guessing as much as anyone else would be guessing, but it sure seems like trolls are an integral part of the RTS... so...

--Bob

Trolls are in the Alliance & Horde book. They'll probably get previewed in the SSS Insider (I seem to favor the Horde in the preview articles for some reason...).

I don't want to go into too much detail as to what all will be in A&H, but if there's a race that belongs in the game, but didn't appear in the first book, it'll probably be in A&H, along with a few others.

Phaedyme

First Post
hong said:

Too much posting to csipgrpg, would be my guess.

*beats Deirdre with stick*

Hong "impatient" Ooi

No, no, because I post to csipgrpg when I can't find anything useful in forumses.

And to make this more topical:

Impeesa said:

Maybe it's just that the sort of campaign I want to run has the vast majority of its focus in Azeroth and later Lordaeron - I would really really like to see a supplement with some cultural and demographic information on the eastern continent pre-war and during. Oh, and a massive unified timeline - I'd like to be able to say to players something like, "Sir, word from the south is that most of the expeditionary force didn't come back through the portal. Bit of cheerful news today though, Admiral Proudmoore is now the father of a healthy young daughter."

I like to think of Azeroth as the entire world, but I imagine there'll be information on Lordaeron and the other human kingdoms in the timeline/history, and perhaps more in later releases.

Remove ads