• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warforged: Like them or loathe them?

What role should warforged play in 4E?

• Cool! Warforged should be in the PHB.

Votes: 69 20.1%
  • Meh! Warforged should be in 4E but not in the PHB. Maybe in PHB2 or 3.

Votes: 203 59.0%
  • Blah! Warforged should NOT be in 4E at all.

Votes: 72 20.9%

Shadeydm

First Post
Loathe them is an understatement on my feelings about Warforged I sincerely hope they aren't in the PHB I. If I wanted robot PCs I would be playing Star Wars not DnD.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Zander said:
It looks like warforged could be a core race in 4E. How do you feel about that?

I like them but would prefer them not to be a core race. They fit well in certain settings, not so well or not at all in others. I wouldn't mind it terribly, though; I'd just say they were not available in my house rules handout to the players.

DJCupboard

Explorer
While I think that warforged are cool, I would be very upset if the were in the PHB, while other staple races (such as gnomes) might be getting the boot.

Rystil Arden

First Post
I think that flavour-wise, the Warforged are an awesome addition to Eberron. But we're not getting 4e Eberron at the beginning anyway, so they should wait for the PHII. Though they work so well in Eberron, the Warforged are not thematically appropriate for a large number of settings, so much so that it would be silly to put them in the PHI, in my opinion. The Changeling would be a much better choice if they insist on having a race from Eberron in the first standard PH.

I love warforged... In Eberron. And in certain other settings. But as core? Not so much.

I'd be happy to see them in PHB2 or 3, and/or in the Eberron core book. I really don't want them in PHB1.

Tharen the Damned

First Post
I have the Ebberon Camapign Setting and the Warforged fits. But I can not see a Warforged in a Sword and Sorcery adventure (maybe in the Wilderlands?).
Conan meets Warforged is too cheesy for me to even think about it.

Anyway, if the new Default Setting "Points of Light" is somewhat similiar to the Wilderlands. Where do the Warforged come from?

How to integrate the in FR or Greyhawk?

No, I do not think that they will be Core.

ThirdWizard

First Post
I love Warforged. I think they're overpowered (I give them 1 pseudo-construct HD and make them ECL 2 starting), but flavor-wise they're interesting and they fit quite well into my Planescape game, so PHB Warforged would be great, I think.

Remove ads