Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4E Details Emerge

Redditor Paidin_Brewer reported new insights about Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4th Edition by Cubicle 7 from PAX Unplugged. What follows are the details the redditor learned -- early summer 2018 release, draws heavily on 1E and 2E, and no re-issued versions of older campaigns.

Redditor Paidin_Brewer reported new insights about Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4th Edition by Cubicle 7 from PAX Unplugged. What follows are the details the redditor learned -- early summer 2018 release, draws heavily on 1E and 2E, and no re-issued versions of older campaigns.

WFRP-4th-Logo-550.jpg

"In hopes of breaking loose some more information on the upcoming 4th edition of Warhammer Fantasy, I stopped by the Cubicle 7 booth at Pax Unplugged. The employee I spoke to was very excited about the upcoming 4e as a player, but wasn’t on that specific marketing team. He mostly stuck to the talking points others have reported here, but he was helpful in clarifying a few questions I had. I wasn’t recording the discussion, so you’re stuck with my memories unfortunately. Hopefully these tid-bits will help you all too."

We’ve heard this game will be out by the end of the year, is it still on track for a release around Christmas?

He has seen the cover art and it’s great, but it is very unlikely to be out by the end of the calendar year. What they meant was that it will be out before the end of the Fiscal Year, or sometime in the early Summer of 2018

Will the career system still be the primary form of advancement?

He couldn’t confirm how the character would advance, but the system will draw heavily on 1e and 2e. Some of the refinements from 3e will be present if you know where to look for them, but by and large it’ll be dice based like the older versions.

There is a ton of great Warhammer material published in 1e / 2e, will you be re-issuing campaigns with updated rulesets?

Very, very unlikely. Little to no money to be made selling products already widely available. Fans are encouraged to update the existing campaigns on their own. Some conversation guidance may be offered in the future.

More information can be found over at Grim & Perilious.
[FONT=&amp]Save[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Save[/FONT]

Henry

Autoexreginated
I can see WFRP4’s tag line on the back cover, now:

More Nipples. More Spikes.

A Hundred Thousand copies, first month. :)

I loved Second Edition, and was sorry to see its support drop after only a couple of years (2005-2007, I think?) I hope to see a longer shelf life for WFRP4.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
I own Zweihander. It is a version of WFRP certainly, but too many fiddly home rules for me. I played a lot of 1e and really enjoyed 2e, I thought Pramas et al did a fine job. 3e was a good game, but did not capture WFRP for me. I look forward to 4e very much.

I run a WFRP campaign employing 2e rules using the 1e campaign world. I still use my old Chaos hardcovers - fun stuff!

You ever use WHFB for any large scale actions? If so what version?

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
We enjoyed the hell out of the 3e ENEMY WITHIN campaign. Did none of you get a chance to play it? It was system agnostic, just as Graeme Davis had planned.

We discontinued at the inter-planar stuff at the end, but got a ton of play and enjoyment.

wfrp-tew-475.png

3e looked like more of a board game so I didn't even give it a second look to be honest. When I saw you had to buy extra sets for more players I was like "yeah no thanks."

Remove ads

Remove ads