Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 5E?

Mercador

Adventurer
Hello, I was looking to get Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4E at my FLGS and they don't have it anymore and they don't wait for more. Is there any talks about Cubicle 7 doing a 5E in 2024? I can still buy it at Amazon but if there's a new version incoming, I'll just wait for that one. It's not for playing, it's just for the fluff. Or should I go for Blackbirds ? I really love the work on Zweihander of Daniel D Fox. Thanks!

The one thing we know is that they go their license renewed (Facebook Post), but as @pogre says, there's no indication of a new edition.
I can see them doing a revised core book including some of the improvements they did down the line, though.

Also, I think Warhammer Old World might come out for the tabletop game next year. Maybe, they do a tie-in of some sort (I would think it'll probably be a setting book rather than a stand-alone game, but no rumors in any direction for this).

I think there’s a chance we see a mid-edition update to incorporate some of the Winds if Magic and Up in Arms changes. There was a comment on their FB that it was something they had talked about internally.

It’s a fantastic edition. I really like and so does my group. Steady stream of content but not overwhelmingly so.

With the license renewal I’m looking forward to the rest of the edition.

Crusadius

Adventurer
Hello, I was looking to get Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4E at my FLGS and they don't have it anymore and they don't wait for more. Is there any talks about Cubicle 7 doing a 5E in 2024? I can still buy it at Amazon but if there's a new version incoming, I'll just wait for that one. It's not for playing, it's just for the fluff. Or should I go for Blackbirds ? I really love the work on Zweihander of Daniel D Fox. Thanks!
If there was to be a new version, it would be a 4.5/revised version.

But there is no official word on the matter from C7.

Is there a lot of content in the corebook, I'm looking mostly on Warhammer history and lore.
There is, though it’s mostly limited to the Ubersreik region. I really like how they have handled releases this editon. The ratio of lore to mechanics in the non-adventure releases is really good. Even the Enemy Within Companion volumes have a ton of lore. For instance the Enemy in Sharows companion gives you some TZEENTCH stuff, a bunch of material on road wardens.

The Archives of the Empire books are also lore heavy. Volume 1, for instance, spends a lot of time covering the Halflings of the Moot.

Remove ads