• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warlock Hellish Rebuke

FadedC

First Post
Incendax said:
The Blood Mage ability is definitely a precident for damaging yourself. It is also a Free Action. If you wanted to keep it a free action I'd definitely say 1d10 damage for a 'minor' wound. However, maybe a compromise would work in the sense that you would have to use the Minor Action to get the benefit, but in such a case you could use whatever weapon you had handy (Dagger 1d4 or Unarmed Attack 1d4).

Well I'd say the blood mage's free action is a class feature. In fact if this were to actually come up in game I might be inclined to make stabbing yourself a standard action. Certainly it's a standard action to stab a monster.

Incendax

First Post
FadedC said:
Well I'd say the blood mage's free action is a class feature. In fact if this were to actually come up in game I might be inclined to make stabbing yourself a standard action. Certainly it's a standard action to stab a monster.
It's a thought, but consider that a Standard Action is not simply stabbing a monster but a canny play of feinting, slashing, weaving, and finally landing a telling blow.

In this particular instance, you're just poking at an exposed and undefended body part. It shouldn't take much time at all.

But... it might drop your guard to do so, possibly provoking an Opportunity Attack.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads