Warlord/Wizard hybrid help

WillowWhisper

First Post
This is what I've come up with so far, but I have a few questions/clarifications (I haven't played either class before and haven't played a controller at all, current character is a Runepriest/Cleric hybrid). I'm starting at 16 since that's the same level everyone else including the character I'm replacing is at.

I was surprised at how low this character's hitpoints are (current character has the same Con but about 30 more HP and 7 more healing surges). Is that something I should be concerned about/try to address? I originally had planned to use the hybrid talent to pick up Warlord armor specialization (for hide), but Orb of Imposition looks really good. I can pick up a second implement mastery option for Staff of Defense if I want a little extra AC, but it doesn't scale so might not be worth it.

The Wizard guide and the couple of threads I've seen about Wizard/Warlord hybrids seemed to strongly suggest the Winged Horde. Beguiling Strands or Scare seem to actually do a bit more damage. Of course, Scare's effect of not being able to OA me is a moot point for the most part since I have staff expertise. The forced movement from Beguiling Strands seems nice, but of course it's a push not a slide so I have to be careful how I use it so I don't make melee keep chasing them. My party currently rarely provokes OAs, so I'm having trouble deciding how useful that aspect is.

My DM suggested the Mindwarp staff since I'm planning to primarily go for psychic damage abilities to take advantage of Psychic Lock. Most guides strongly recommend going for an accurate implement instead. Since I roll twice on all of my attacks vs. will (due to Divine Oracle, which applies to all of my wizard attacks), is that as crucial?

Exporting directly from the character generator wound up with a text file with awful, unreadable formatting, so I modified one someone had posted as a template. Is there a trick to getting this format instead? I didn't copy over all of the gear (which does influence stats and skills), but I can list them if anyone's interested. If anyone has specific suggestions I will check with my DM if they're allowed. :)
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Nintendo, level 16
Eladrin, Warlord/Wizard, MC Cleric, Divine Oracle
Hybrid Warlord Option: Hybrid Warlord Fort
Hybrid Talent Option: Arcane Implement Mastery Option: Orb of Imposition [Encounter]
Theme: Sidhe Lord
Background: Noble Scion

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 11, CON 10, DEX 11, INT 24, WIS 14, CHA 18

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 8, DEX 10, INT 18, WIS 13, CHA 15

AC: 32 Fort: 26 Ref: 31 Will: 33
HP: 81 Surges: 6 Surge Value: 20

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +27, Diplomacy +20, Heal +15, History +22, Religion +20

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +7, Athletics +7, Bluff +12, Dungeoneering +10, Endurance +7, Insight +10, Intimidate +15, Nature +10, Perception +10, Streetwise +12, Thievery +7

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Eladrin Racial Power: Fey Step
Sidhe Lord Utility: Summon Sidhe Ally
Cleric Utility: Healing Word
Warlord Feature: Inspiring Word
Wizard Utility: Chameleon's Mask
Wizard Utility: Disrupt Undead
Wizard Utility: Mage Hand
Wizard Utility: Whispering Wind
Warlord Attack 1: Commander’s Strike
Wizard Attack 1: Winged Horde
Warlord Attack 1: Powerful Warning [Replaced]
Wizard Attack 1: Sleep
Sidhe Lord Utility 2: Sidhe Bargain
Wizard Attack 3: Color Spray
Warlord Attack 5: A Rock and a Hard Place [Replaced]
Warlord Utility 6: Reorient the Axis
Wizard Attack 7: Enemies Abound
Wizard Attack 9: Summon Succubus
Wizard Utility 10: Mass Resistance
Divine Oracle Attack 11: Prophecy of Doom
Divine Oracle Utility 12: Good Omens
Warlord Attack 13: Blade Burst Trap
Warlord Attack 15: War Master’s Assault
Warlord Utility 16: Help or Hinder

FEATS
Level 1: Hybrid Talent
Level 2: Initiate of the Faith [Multiclass Cleric]
Level 4: Staff Expertise
Level 6: Armor Proficiency: Leather
Level 8: Mark of Healing [Dragonmark]
Level 10: Improved Defenses
Level 11: Superior Will
Level 12: Combat Commander
Level 14: Psychic Lock
Level 16: Superior Implement Training (Mindwarp Staff)

====== End ======

Last edited:

MwaO

Adventurer
Various things:
You can hold an implement in one hand. As an example, a +1 staff of aversion.
Divine Oracle isn't a great Paragon Path or Hybrid Talent, even when you start at 16th, especially with your Wisdom. If you want something like that, I'd actually look at Lifesinger.
You might consider replacing Improved Defenses with Superior Reflexes - lose +2 Fort, gain +1 Reflex+free CA on round 1.
Auspicous Birth can help fix your hp. Not sure why your Constitution is a starting value of 8.
Sidhe Lord isn't a great theme for someone who doesn't really have a strong AP paragon path feature.

Remove ads