• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warrior Kill Lists

PieAndDragon

Duncan T
For one of my characters [elf male Fighter 8 / Transmuter 1] I've kept a kill list of everything he's dealt the final blow to in combat [hey, it keeps me occupied!].

Has anyone else done this for their warrior types?

This is the list for Theranan

19 goblins
19 human wererats
13 medium skeletons
11 large skeletons
9 hobgoblins
8 freaky hunchbacks
7 ogres
6 kobolds
6 bugbears
5 dire bats
5 orcs
5 wolves
3 orc pirates
2 small monstrous centipedes
2 assassin vines
2 crocodiles
2 tasloi
2 small dogs
2 shocker lizards
1 minotaur
1 half fiend human warrior
1 giant wasp
1 bombadier beetle
1 spectre
1 aranea
1 orc pirate captain
1 gnoll
1 human aristocrat
1 human mercanary captain
1 brown bear
1 celestial bison
1 monstrous crab
1 leopard
1 rat
1 dire possum
1 dire rat
1 dire weasel
1 krenshar
1 stirge
1 girillon
1 ankheg

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
My roommate's doing that for his RPGA character, a half orc barbarian named Furious George. So far the "Furious George Smashy List" is small, but I'm sure it'll grow much larger.

afreed

First Post
Yes! Yes, I have done this. Only monsters my PC dealt the final blow to counted, but nonlethal KOs were okay. I think I was inspired by the computer game Nethack.

I know no one's interested, but here's Dame Whitford's Monster Kill List, from the Sunless Citadel:

Dire Rats: 11
Skeletons: 2
Water Mephit: 1
Guthash the Giant Dire Rat: 1
Goblins: 16
Hobgoblins: 3
Hobgoblin Chief: 1
Goblin Cleric: 1
Twig Blights: 10
Belak the Outcast: 1
Sir Braford the Paladin (KO): 1
Sharwyn the Wizard (KO): 1
Thoqqua: 1

It's a fun thing to tally, and it makes you quickly realize your PC is joining the most violent killers in history...

Morrow

First Post
In our Age of Worms campaign the 3rd level gnome rogue started keeping an informal kill list last session. The little guy has like an 8 strength. Even when he hits, it's never more than a few points. Through all of Whispering Cairn and the first third or so of Three Faces of Evil he succeeded in hitting with a sneak attack once, for 8 points of damage. The poor little guy was developing a terrible inferiority complex. Then the dice gods finally smiled on him and he took down four foes in about 20 minutes. Each kill was punctuated with something like, "That's three! See, I can fight. I killed another one!"

Morrow

Creeping Death

First Post
MeepoTheMighty said:
My roommate's doing that for his RPGA character, a half orc barbarian named Furious George. So far the "Furious George Smashy List" is small, but I'm sure it'll grow much larger.

That is the coolest name!!! :)

MonkeyDragon

Explorer
In our game, the DM gives out stickers for things we've killed. Mostly little stars. I counted over 50 stickers last night. Good times.

I give out stickers, too, cuz I think it's fun. The only other person in the group that's actually DMed for any length of time considers it beneath his dignity.

frankthedm

First Post
Often when there are 2 or more warrior types in the party this happens. The only snag happens is when they can’t think of a good name for the indescribable horrors they come across. Which in my game is more often than the players appreciate.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I did once, but it was only for a character who was going into Hammer of Moradin [Gestalted Ranger/Cleric Human with levels in Stoneblessed to allow her to take Dwarven feats/classes and be treated as Dwarf.] Was probably one of my favorite characters, but she kept a list only of the Goblinoids/Giants/Drow she killed, her favored enemies and those hated most by the Hammer of Moradin PrC. The campaign died partway through the middle, but I had like 80 Goblinoids and like 20 Giants on her list. To her, everything else was negligible.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads