Warrior Queen of Venus! - a Super-Galactic Space Rangers adventure

Dr Simon

Explorer
wqov title.jpg

- A Super-Galactic Space Rangers adventure!

Starring:

Andor as
David “Crash” Jones, Ace Pilot
buster02.jpg

Jkason as
Sy Bergeron, Intrepid Explorer
JungleJim-1.jpg

Ghostcat as
Percy Ambleton Smythe, Gentleman Investigator
David_Niven2.jpg

With

CaBaNa as
Abercrombie “Suicide” Bernard, Daring Photographer
bk-cameraman.jpg

and

Ethandrew as
Dr Alowishus Ecks, Deranged Scientist
2732959314_e3842c39a5.jpg

Introducing

Walking Dad as
Tork, Throwback to a Lost World
apeman1.jpg

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC Thread

[sblock=Da Rules]
The Basic Mechanic: Roll 2d6, add modifier. Beat difficulty or opposing roll

Typical Difficulties
20 Nigh Impossible
16 Very Hard
13 Hard
10 Difficult
7 Average
5 Easy
3 Very Easy
1 Trivial

Skill Modifiers
Legendary +8
Excellent +6
Great +4
Good +2
Average +0
Poor -2
Rubbish -4
Dreaful -6
Hopeless -8

Added refinements: Degree of success may be a factor. If you only need an Average success, for example, but your total is high enough for Hard success, then you may achieve more than you hoped for.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
Warrior Queen of Venus: Episode 12
Bride of Orongu-Khan

Narrator: When last we saw our heroes, they were attempting to rescue Lady Jane Hamilton-Grey, Plucky Adventuress and British Agent, from the clutches of Queen Zamora, Ruler of Venus. Their daring rescue attempt foiled by the Queen's Amazon Guard, our heroes are now captives of Queen Zamora. The wicked Queen has decreed that Lady Jane be sacrificed to the Venusians' terrible god, the fearsome Orongu-Khan. Will our heroes escape in time? Or will Lady Jane become the Bride of Orongu-Khan? Stay tuned to find out...

Scene: The Venusian village, strange pod-houses built onto the side of wierd alien trees. Queen Zamora and her retinue watch from a platform high up in the trees. "Crash" Jones, Percy Ambleton-Smythe and Lady Jane are tied to tall posts in the centre of the village. Sy, Dr. Ecks, "Suicide" Bernard and Tork are locked in a wooden cage not far away.
They are placed before a huge wooden palisade, set with torches above a massive gate. Spear-wielding Venusian Amazons (tall athletic women with blue skin, four arms and fur bikinis) stand guard atop the walls, while feeble man-slaves pull on massive ropes to open the gates, to the sound of drums.

Queen Zamora: Soon, Earthling fools, you will be food for mighty Orongu Khan. This will be your reward for trying to thwart Queen Zamora. Do you have any last words?

Lady Jane Hamilton-Grey
825.254.jpg

Queen Zamora
Andress_She_01.jpg

Last edited:

Andor

First Post
Crash struggles against his ropes for a moment then gives up and addresses the Queen. "This is because of the dinner thing isn't it? I told you I was sorry. Who keeps Giant Octopi as pets anyway?"

CaBaNa

First Post
Abercrombie beams as he takes in the scene, HA HA, this is great fun Tork, the natives sure can beat a drum! If only I had my moving picture machine to capture all this excitement! Doctor, could you jimmy this latch open so I could go fetch my equipment?

jkason

First Post
Sy Bergeron

"You know, I can't imagine how I forgot," Sy proclaims, "But it just so happens that, last time I was in Borneo, I came across a tribe who worship the little-known brother of Orongu-Khan: Orangu-Tan. That's actually where I met Lady Jane, as she had been chosen by the natives to be the eternal bride of Orangu-Tan. Now, it seems to me to be nothing but bad taste to sacrifice a god's soon to be sister-in-law, don't you think? When, really, she ought to have a place of honor!"

ethandrew

First Post
Dr. Ecks is torn between watching the ultimate demise of Crash, Percy, and the Lady Jane, and the problem tasked at hand, a poorly constructed wooden impenetrable cage with a faulty yet impregnable locking mechanism. "Yes. Yeeees, let me see, let me see," his high pitched tenor changes into mumblings as he opens his mysterious black bag, pulling out a large nail file, a spool of string, and a piece of bubblegum.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Queen Zamora: That was no mere "Giant Octopus", that was a Ganymedian Hentai Squid, given to me by the Emperor of Saturn. (She turns her head to one side, looking distraught, and bites a knuckle) Your tiny Earthling mind will never understand the joy he gave me. (Furious again) But now, you will be food for Orongu-Khan. Justice is mine!

The gates swing fully open, revealing the savage Venusian jungle beyond. Something large is crashing through the trees, and over the sound of the drums comes the mighty roar of Orongu-Khan.

Meanwhile, in the cage, Dr. Ecks succeeds in opening the door, despite the setback of losing the bubblegum. However, the excitement of success, or the stress of having to completely refigure his plan to allow for the loss of the bubblegum triggers the good doctor's narcolepsy. With a smile on his face, he pitches forwards, quite asleep. Abercrombie "Suicide" Bernard happily blows bubbles.

[SBLOCK=OOC]
Crash Jones, Conning Suckers: 2d6+2 = 8. An average success, not enough to assuage an angry Venusian Warrior Queen.

Dr. Ecks, MacGuyvering Things: 2d6+2 = 13. Enough to overcome a Hard task. He opens the door. But...

Dr. Ecks, Narcoleptic: 2d6-4 = 4. Fails an Average check. He falls asleep.

Sy Bergeron, I Seem To Remember: 2d6+4 = 12. Overcomes a Difficult task, so the story is true. It doesn't help much at the moment, maybe it will be useful later?
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Tork catches the good doctor before he falls on the floor. "Have caught doc. I do fetch you picture thing?" He asks a bit confused Suicide. As ever, he looks a bit silly in the modern clothes he is forced to wear.

Remove ads