• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Water Management? :)

G

Guest 6801328

I guess it's also a matter of balance and fun: I guess that if you walk carelessly you can trip on a pebble on the path, so the DM may want to have each time a "tripping roll", but if the players end up having to declare every time they start a walk that they walk carefully, doing their best to avoid tripping on pebbles, it won't be that fun.

First, true story: after spending a day in the mountains on, I think, a Clif bar and a quart of water, on the level tourist trail near the parking lot I literally tripped on a pebble (or my imagination) failed once then twice to regain my balance, each time making it worse, and finally had no choice but to tuck my head, flip over, and land on my pack.

Lesson: you suffer Disadvantage on Trip checks if you run out of Rations!

More seriously, your Trip checks remind me of players "Investigating" every single room, corridor, and door. Also not fun.

Remove ads