Way of the Succubus Monk

gyor

Legend
The 1 in 6 stat like almost all feminist based stats is extremely questionable and highly manipulated, but even if it was true it still would be as bad as murder, especially given how deliberately broad they made it, so as to maximize the positive answers.

And I say this as some who has been sexually assaulted in the past, murder is a hell of a lot worse no contest.

MechaPilot

Explorer
. . . murder is a hell of a lot worse no contest.

If that statement were objective fact, you might have something there. However, it's not objective; it's entirely subjective. And there are survivors who would rather have died than lived with the trauma of having been raped. Many who feel that way attempt suicide, and some of them succeed before getting the counseling and care they need.

Please note that I'm not taking a side here as to which one is objectively worse, because it's entirely subjective. Take myself, for example. I'm chronically depressed. I think about suicide quite often. For me, being murdered would have the upside of ending my chronic misery, while being raped would aggravate my depression with lasting psychological harm that would probably help me finally decide to kill myself.

Don't get me wrong, both would be horribly traumatic while they were happening. But, if someone successfully murders me then I don't have to live with the trauma because I'm dead and can't think or feel anymore.

Last edited:

gyor

Legend
If that statement were objective fact, you might have something there. However, it's not objective; it's entirely subjective. And there are survivors who would rather have died than lived with the trauma of having been raped. Many who feel that way attempt suicide, and some of them succeed before getting the counseling and care they need.

Please note that I'm not taking a side here as to which one is objectively worse, because it's entirely subjective. Take myself, for example. I'm chronically depressed. I think about suicide quite often. For me, being murdered would have the upside of ending my chronic misery, while being raped would aggravate my depression with lasting psychological harm that would probably help me finally decide to kill myself.

Don't get me wrong, both would be horribly traumatic while they were happening. But, if someone successfully murders me then I don't have to live with the trauma because I'm dead and can't think or feel anymore.

Those people need therapy, they can heal and suggesting that murder is worse then rape only devalues their lives and encourages a mind set that can make healing more difficult. There lives have value.

gyor

Legend
I never engender this thread to become political, so now that it's been ruined by foolishness and easily trigger individuals I'm not wasting anymore time on it, it no longer holds any value so this is my last post in the thread.

MechaPilot

Explorer
Those people need therapy, they can heal . . .

Yes, they do need therapy. In many cases they won't get it, often because they can't afford it, but they do need it.

. . .and suggesting that murder is worse then rape only devalues their lives and encourages a mind set that can make healing more difficult. There lives have value.

I never said their lives don't have value (though I have said before that mine doesn't).

I never said murder is objectively worse, or that rape is objectively worse.

I did say that which is worse is subjective, as in depending on how the individual in question perceives things.

Look folks, this really isn't a complex subject. I have women at my table, and I would generally like those women to have fun too, and to come back for another game every week.

If I include murder in my stories, they'll still keep coming back. Because whether you're playing a medieval fantasy game, or a cyberpunk/scifi game, killing is expected.

But if I include subjects of a sexual nature, that make them feel uncomfortable (such as a class that basically sexually assaults people to gain power), they are not coming back. Which is why such topics are not welcome at my table.

If you're designing some sort of class that has elements to it that are kinda rapey, and several people point this out to you.... maybe they have a point, even if it wasn't your intention.

I had a woman I was dating recommend Lost Girl (the show that inspired the OP) to me. I watched the first three episodes and the whole time was weirded out by the fact the heroine was constantly using her "touch people to automatically seduce them" power. I thought there would be some kind of backlash to this, but the only feminist criticism of the show I saw is that one episode apparently came off as transphobic. Beyond that there was mostly praise for it's prominent representation of bisexual characters.

Remove ads