Way of the Succubus Monk

gyor

Legend
Anyone who is familiar with the show Lost Girl knows Bo is a Fey Succubus who needs to feed on Sexual Ki or Chi to survive and she inspired the Way of the Succubus Monk.

Monk Monastic Tradition: Way of the Succubus

Unlike many other Monks Way of the Succubi monks do not dwell or train in monastaries especially not ones far from people to feed. Way of the Succubus Monks don't train to be monks and usually don't behave like regular monks, instead become what they are by birth, inherited from at least one Succubus Monk parent. They need no even know of their hertiage until their abilities naturally and uncontrollible manifest in very early adulthood. In humans this usually occurs in their 18th year of life.

Succubi Monks unlike other monks are far more likely to be of Chaotic Alignment, and their numbers are equally divided betweem good and evil.

3rd level Sexual Ki: Your Character no longer regains Ki on a short rest or long rest, instead your monk most drain sexual Ki from another Sentient being, which can not be construct. She does this by kissing or other intimate actions as action, dealing her monk damage to the target and regaining a point of Ki. If the target is unwilling this may require a grapple or incapacitating them first. Each time the Character sucks Sexual Ki out of someone she has to make a Wisdom saving throw to stop, or she automatically keeps sucking the Sexual Ki out of them. If one feeds from someone with a Ki Pool, they drain 1 point from the pool instead of dealing damage, until the pool is drained, after which feeding from them deals damage.

3rd Feeding Habits: Your Monk must consume 1 Ki for every 2 levels she has per day or starve, any of her Ki she consumes after that heals her for her Unarmed attack die in damage.

3rd Succubi Touch: You have advantage on social roles when touching any living creatures, but at the cost that they act amorous towards you.

6th level Reviving Kiss: You can breath Sexual Ki back into the rescently dead, spend 3 Ki points to raise some who has been dead for no more then a 1 minute, if you draining them of Sexual Ki was the cause of the death this costs only 1 point. Also gain spare the dying contrip, but you kiss replaces any compenents of the spell .

11th Blow Kiss: You can now drain sexual Ki at a distance equal to have your Monk Speed.

17th Malcanthet's Blessing: Twice per day you can use Kiss to drain or raise everyone with in half your Monk Speed of distance around you. Also your reviving kiss can now raise anyone who has been dead for less thenba full day.

Gardens & Goblins

First Post
I find all this tastefully presented sexual content rather shocking!*.

Now, if you don't mind, my Way of the Long Death Monk needs to devour the immortal essence of some more innocent people. And yes, I can assure you it is a truly horrendous process, though obviously I have the good sense (nor need) to elaborate on the gruesome actual details.

*vanish*

*..I really don't.

gyor

Legend
I find all this tastefully presented sexual content rather shocking!*.

Now, if you don't mind, my Way of the Long Death Monk needs to devour the immortal essence of some more innocent people. And yes, I can assure you it is a truly horrendous process, though obviously I have the good sense (nor need) to elaborate on the gruesome actual details.

*vanish*

*..I really don't.

I tried to keep it as PG as possible out of respect for Morrus and I think I suceeded.

Its mostly based on Bo the lead Character of Lost Girl, a Fae Succubi, a serial killer/rapist with a heart of gold (its a really a weird show, but its on Showcase, Sci Fi Channel, and Netflix so I didn't think it would be too crude or valgur to base a monk subclass on her powers.

S

Sunseeker

I think the feeding habits will run you into trouble, in the long run, with being something someone can reasonably play say, out in an adventure in the wilderness. Other players may not be interested in engaging in sexual, no matter how PG, action with another player, and short of humanoid NPCs around, you're likely to see your character starve to death in a couple days.

Ganders

Explorer
My first thought is... what if you try to drain undead? But I imagine just saying 'it doesn't work' dodges the whole problem. But here's some other things to think about:

What if you replace every use of the words "Sexual Ki" with "Life Ki"? Some of the fluff might change slightly, but not much -- I'd even suggest keeping words like 'amorous' and 'kiss' and 'succubus'. Would it still be a compelling concept?

The need to feed every day really keeps the action moving in a TV show but is too problematic in a game... could you ever go to the wilderness instead of a city or town? Also, gaining levels actually makes you weaker or more vulnerable because you're more likely to starve, or you starve faster. That's a problem.

In any case... what if someone comes along and makes a similar class called 'Vampire Monk' with the exact same abilities, including need to feed every day, but drawing on Vampires for fluff? Heck, it could even keep the erotic tone, as vampire stories often do. Would that be an equally good class?

Draegn

Explorer
Wouldn't such a character give the party a reason to take prisoners rather than hobo murdering all they came across? One might expect that more knowledgeable beings would offer to surrender before combat to ensure a very pleasant confinement. Alternatively someone might charm a being such as a troll to avoid potential injury during those moments of happy bliss. Perhaps this is how half trolls are engendered?

gyor

Legend
My first thought is... what if you try to drain undead? But I imagine just saying 'it doesn't work' dodges the whole problem. But here's some other things to think about:

What if you replace every use of the words "Sexual Ki" with "Life Ki"? Some of the fluff might change slightly, but not much -- I'd even suggest keeping words like 'amorous' and 'kiss' and 'succubus'. Would it still be a compelling concept?

The need to feed every day really keeps the action moving in a TV show but is too problematic in a game... could you ever go to the wilderness instead of a city or town? Also, gaining levels actually makes you weaker or more vulnerable because you're more likely to starve, or you starve faster. That's a problem.

In any case... what if someone comes along and makes a similar class called 'Vampire Monk' with the exact same abilities, including need to feed every day, but drawing on Vampires for fluff? Heck, it could even keep the erotic tone, as vampire stories often do. Would that be an equally good class?

Bo drained a Lich in the show, although in that universe I think Lichs were a living Fae.

gyor

Legend

Sexual Chi is what they called it on the show, Chi=Ki I think.

Remove ads