Way of the Succubus Monk

gyor

Legend
Let's be extremely clear. I dont care if you are basing this off some show you are writing the literal definition of rape in your text. You can do better than this with even a little effort. You can keep the flavor and fix this travesty of writing. Try something like "the monk feeds of the heightened emotions of others stealing their essence and focusing it to fuel their own abilities. Emotions such as Hatred, Fear, Lust, and Joy can be stored within the monk's own repository of Ki and used to fuel fantastical abilities. This emotional force can be given freely to the monk in mutual exchange or in the case of some emotions like Fear be taken through force. If forced, the monk must incapacitate the target then use an action to drain them.

Above is an example of where your character concept can fit your theme without turning this into The Rapist of Justice.

To be even more clear I do not think this is a good idea for a subclass and shows a very sparse understanding of the various monk abilities and resouces and how they work together but if you and your group like this stuff, that is your business. All I am asking is that you dont create a rules framework justifying rape and then try to pawn it off as ok because a show said rape is ok as long as a sexy woman is doing it. It's not.

OMFG did you even look at the video clip? What part of you don't have to have sex to drain the sexual ki did you not undersranding?

How do you have rape without sex?

I think its you who doesn't understand what rape is.

And I will design subclasses however I choose.

gyor

Legend
Hey- I totally respect your right to design what you want! However, you might want to recall that you, yourself, described the basis for the character as-

"Its mostly based on Bo the lead Character of Lost Girl, a Fae Succubi, a serial killer/rapist with a heart of gold"

....not to be pedantic, or fall into the author's fallacy, but if someone says the basis for a character class is a "serial killer/rapist" (with or without a heart of gold), people might take them at their word. I understand that you might not have intended that, but given your followup description (at least what I read) it is kind of hard for someone like me to un-see that when reading your class description.

Anyway, I would make two points-

First, instead of going into the personality conflict which is clearly brewing, you might want to look at the writeup that was provided by Bardbarian in the last post.

Second, you might want to recall that, at least for some of us, the association of TTRPGs and the people who play them with ... less savory elements has a history that we don't particularly want to see (ahem, F.A.T.A.L.). I am sure that is not what you were intending, but that's something to keep in mind when posting to a general interest board. IMO.

That was the character, not the class and I should have said former, she reformed herself once she got help and learned to control her powers, she never wanted to hurt anyone, its that sge had to feed and doing so was lethal for her lovers before she got Fae help controlling them.

CapnZapp

Legend
You have a serious lack of understanding what rape is. That is unfortunate and frightening. While the many game features you described ways to force people to do things they do not like none of them are explicitly sexual in nature as your first post clearly was. Please take some time to educate yourself on the topic. While you may have a specific image in mind the words you use clearly indicate unwelcome contact of a sexual nature.
Sorry but murder is unfortunate and frightening too.

Different people handle different things in their games. Please don't assume it's okay to make just one horrific aspect of life out-of-bounds but none of the others.

Please don't assume it's okay to make just one horrific aspect of life out-of-bounds but none of the others.

Then I'll do it.

Some topics are not welcome at the table. Sexual Assault is one of those things, no one wants that in their roleplaying game. And I think the vast majority of D&D players out there will agree with me.

G

Guest 6801328

It sees to me that if you have to watch a video to understand a subclass concept, it might mean that the text itself needs some editing.

I've been thinking about a Succubus subclass, too, but was going with Warlock. FWIW.

Remove ads