WD's "Base of Operations" ICC

Walking Dad

First Post
Forest

Kenku17 said:
While Arrak and Collan are tending to Reggie, Paldon check how badly singed the boar carcass is and if it would be worth carrying to the fort.
The left shoulder is badly burned. To transport the whole body, you would need to drag it behind your horses. Paldon also spots an unknown green-black feathered arrow in it's right flank.

Voda Vosa said:
"Reggie!! Where you be? Toruk is going!" the half orc shouts, following Arrak
Ilium said:
Once the boar falls, Jarek jogs after the others to check on Reggie, and stand guard while the dwarf is attended to.
Bihlbo said:
Collan bends over to examine the dwarf, and with uncharacteristic warmth says, "Reggie, how badly are you hurt? Can you hear me?" Collan checks to see if Reggie is living.
The dwarf is alife, but seems hardly conscious and has an emty flask in his right hand. His shortbow lays next to him. There is a big cut along his hip, but the wound seems already closed.

Last edited:

Kenku17

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Is the Arrow Arrack's and is there a way to Jeeryrig something with what we have to not ruin the body? I mean...it should make good pork chops[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Kenku17 said:
[sblock=OOC]Is the Arrow Arrack's and is there a way to Jeeryrig something with what we have to not ruin the body? I mean...it should make good pork chops[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]No, you don't know this kind of arrow. You can use survival to skin the boar and cut the meat in transportable chunks.[/sblock]

Lord Slaw

First Post
Arrak stands up after examining the dwarf, raising his mask. "He's not dead. We'll bring 'im back." Arrak deftly mounts Mela, trotting back over to the smoking corpse of the enormous boar. Scanning the corpse, he spots the green-feathered arrow, and pulls it out with a gentle tug, being careful not to damage it any further. Without a moments hesitation, he displays the arrow to Paldon. "I didn't shoot this. This thing's been running wild for some time now, and somebody wasn't as lucky as we were." He pauses for a moment, pondering the situation. "Might be a reward for slaying it - we should bring some evidence back to town, just in case. I need to borrow your sword."
[sblock=OOC]Mmm... pork chops... *drool* I'll handle the skinning. I'll take 10 with Survival +9 - that should cover it. So glad I decided to bring along that kukri! Can't imagine skinning a boar to be terribly hard. As for the sword... trust me, it'll be cool. ;)[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Reggi fine? Toruk happy!" Toruk carries Reggie easily back to where the boar was laying. He sees the arrow been delivered to one of his mates.
"No, that be Reggies arrow, he has tiny toy for shotting, see?" he shakes the short bow Reggi had next to him.

Kenku17

First Post
Lord Slaw said:
Arrak stands up after examining the dwarf, raising his mask. "He's not dead. We'll bring 'im back." Arrak deftly mounts Mela, trotting back over to the smoking corpse of the enormous boar. Scanning the corpse, he spots the green-feathered arrow, and pulls it out with a gentle tug, being careful not to damage it any further. Without a moments hesitation, he displays the arrow to Paldon. "I didn't shoot this. This thing's been running wild for some time now, and somebody wasn't as lucky as we were." He pauses for a moment, pondering the situation. "Might be a reward for slaying it - we should bring some evidence back to town, just in case. I need to borrow your sword."
[sblock=OOC]Mmm... pork chops... *drool* I'll handle the skinning. I'll take 10 with Survival +9 - that should cover it. So glad I decided to bring along that kukri! Can't imagine skinning a boar to be terribly hard. As for the sword... trust me, it'll be cool. ;)[/sblock]

"Sounds like a good idea" Paldon says, before passing Arrak the sword. Hearing Toruk, he asks "You sure Toruk? I mean...I don't doubt you, but you can't always be too careful."

Bihlbo

Explorer
Collan, elf cleric 5, hp 24/24, AC 16, Spells 0 to 3: 6/4/4/3

"Scouts don't shoot, Toruk. They scout, they come back, and with friends they shoot. I think it was not Reggie's arrow," Collan says, clearly chosing his words deliberately.

Addressing the group, Collan continues, "Though it pains me to delay our progress, we may be best served by bringing the felled beast back to town and identifying the mystery arrow as being from a local hunter or the brigands we're after. If we do this however, we will not have enough time today to reach our destination. We can redeem this time by sweeping the wilderness closer to town before we return, possibly flushing out more clues in the process."

Turning to the dwarf, "Reggie, I assume you are not so feared by your ordeal as to retire your services." Collan's tone seems a bit more encouraging than inquisitive.

[sblock=OOC]Though I said Collan was going to shoot the boar, I don't see any evidence that it happened (probably because the boar died so fast). Because of this, I'm assuming Collan has all his arrows and the one in the boar can't be his.

Also, does Reggie look like he's still pretty hurt? Is he back up to full hp after the healing spell?[/sblock]

Ilium

First Post
Jarek says, "I don't think we should take that much time. The boar is big and dangerous, but just a beast. There may be bandits or orcs around, but isn't that why we came? Let's be careful, yes, but I say we press on." He clouts the dwarf on the shoulder and gives him an encouraging grin. "Reggie's ready to go on, aren't you Reggie?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Forest afetermath

Bihlbo said:
"Scouts don't shoot, Toruk. They scout, they come back, and with friends they shoot. I think it was not Reggie's arrow," Collan says, clearly chosing his words deliberately.

Addressing the group, Collan continues, "Though it pains me to delay our progress, we may be best served by bringing the felled beast back to town and identifying the mystery arrow as being from a local hunter or the brigands we're after. If we do this however, we will not have enough time today to reach our destination. We can redeem this time by sweeping the wilderness closer to town before we return, possibly flushing out more clues in the process."
Ilium said:
Jarek says, "I don't think we should take that much time. The boar is big and dangerous, but just a beast. There may be bandits or orcs around, but isn't that why we came? Let's be careful, yes, but I say we press on."

"No, this isn't my arrow. The colors look like the ones of a local orc tribe." Reggie identifies the arrow fast.

Bihlbo said:
Turning to the dwarf, "Reggie, I assume you are not so feared by your ordeal as to retire your services." Collan's tone seems a bit more encouraging than inquisitive.
Ilium said:
(Jarek) clouts the dwarf on the shoulder and gives him an encouraging grin. "Reggie's ready to go on, aren't you Reggie?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, you seem to be a very capable group." Reggie anwers.

Bihlbo said:
[sblock=OOC]Though I said Collan was going to shoot the boar, I don't see any evidence that it happened (probably because the boar died so fast). Because of this, I'm assuming Collan has all his arrows and the one in the boar can't be his.

Also, does Reggie look like he's still pretty hurt? Is he back up to full hp after the healing spell?[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]It wasn't Collan's or Arrk's arrow. Reggie looks like back up to full hp.[/sblock]

Kenku17

First Post
Walking Dad said:
"No, this isn't my arrow. The colors look like the ones of a local orc tribe." Reggie identifies the arrow fast.

"Dosen't sound unbelievable, they were probably hunting it then..." Paldon says "and I agree, we need to press on, theres no need to take it back to town."

Remove ads