• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

We can haz be marriaged?

Jack7

First Post
Congratulations.

16 or so years ago I told my girlfriend at the time, "I want you to think about us possibly getting married some day."

This was on a night right after we had went out on a date. The next morning I got a call at home. She said, "next time you come up let me show you what my bridesmaids are gonna be wearing."

I said, "what in the hell are you talking about?" She though had already been calling her friends and had started planning the wedding. So I just laughed and went with it. And I too lived with the funny sounds and the magazines and all the other female stuff for about a year til we officially tied the knot.

Then the trouble really started. On a more serious note though I've thoroughly enjoyed being married and a father. Never thought I'd live long enough to be either, but now that I have, I wouldn't trade up for being single again for any amount of money or leisure.

By the way I've never really worn a ring. After we got hitched I took it off and never put it back on. My wife griped at me for some years about that but with some of the things I've done (as far as work) it's better that people I didn't want to know to have never known I was married. So that's worked out well for all of us, and whereas I understand the symbolism and all, it's the facts that actually matter as far as I'm concerned. My wife though made me buy her two engagement rings and two marriage rings over time. So I guess she figured she'd make me pay to make up for my lack of a ring. Believe me females cost a lot of money that way, you'll find that out as time goes along, but I figure they're worth it all in the end.

So good luck and Godspeed to ya.
May you both live long enough to really appreciate what you've got in each other.

By the by, I like the Rhinefield House better.
Not that it really matters though I reckon. Six a'one, half a'dozen of another.

Just have fun on your wedding day.
God bless ya both.

garyh

First Post
Congratulations! I vote for getting married on Friday the 13th. My wife and I got married a few years back on July 4th... Independence Day here in the States! What that said about our marriage, I hesitate to guess... ;)

BryonD

Hero
Friday 13th August

First, Congratulations!!!

Second, my first daughter was born on a Friday the 13th. Every Friday the 13th is her "lucky day", and it is a little bit of extra fun. You get a little more than 1 and 1/2 more notable days, mini-holidays, per year. Every Friday the 13th you will remember that one.

As I said on CM, congrats.

I'm always curious about geek bachelor parties. I don't suppose you can get the castle for the night before, can you? You and your groomsmen defend against an attack by all your other gamer friends. How does that sound?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads