We don't need no water.

Cloaked Woman

First Post
Sill> I know many of my friends who play Drow in the Tavern still, even though the setting has changed over the years due to the plot lines in teh books that Drow are not overly welcome.

Magi_Gabriel

Foppish Technocrat
Ice_Lioness said:
Perhaps, your just acting out the behavior of your character or you have a score to settle with people in Ford's Keep, so in retaliation maybe you burn the place down. I mean, why not have it as an option? Besides, I'm sure people could tollerate the CRT being down for a short time even if it did happen.

Actually from experience as an observer and a WizO doing room counts such events are generally poorly received by the patrons. Sure the people participating have fun, but the people who don't feel like an unvalued underclass who were not only excluded but now have to suffer for it.

People could tolerate not having CRT for a while, but why should they have to tolerate it? Why should one group have the privilege of getting to mess up the setting, to the extent it's taken down for a few days, for their own amusement and another group be told they'll just have to tolerate it? They come here to have fun too.

Mayu Amakura

Banned
Banned
Bottom line folks, Siani said "no". And what she says, goes, whether we like it or not. If we want to have or char burn something down, doesn't look like it will be in Ford Keep, probably not even in any of the ISRP settings. We can always get fire happy in offsite RPs though, so it isn't completely out of the question to burn SOMETHING down... just not anything in Ford Keep.

(Edit) Of course there is also the damage caused by all the 15 foot tall 10 kazillion pound monsters done to the Clearing and Cage... but I'm sure that doesn't count.

Last edited:

Magi_Siani

First Post
The Clearing isn't in Ford Keep...which is why disguises and such are not needed there.

The Tavern with its Garden are in Ford Keep and share the same setting restrictions.

Siani

Elf_Ariel

First Post
My my my, hotly debated.

Has anyone considered... (not saying I'm for or against)... but y'could kinda run this as an event. That way everyone could be involved (if they so desired). The event lasts for one/two days max, and people sign up for sides... Save the (whatever's getting burnt) versus raise the place to the ground? And I suppose the third innocently drinking while everyone's tryin' to save/level the place.

Perhaps not even setting the event real-time (as in the current setting time-frame that the CRT is in) but maybe...like an alternate reality that's just for laughs?

I dont know, nor do I mind. Since Siani's said no, the initial proposal is not suitable. So try a different approach, an alternate idea. IMHO you'll eventually find the compromise that suits if you both work at it.

Willow_Calypso

First Post
Elf_Ariel said:
My my my, hotly debated.

Has anyone considered... (not saying I'm for or against)... but y'could kinda run this as an event. That way everyone could be involved (if they so desired). The event lasts for one/two days max, and people sign up for sides... Save the (whatever's getting burnt) versus raise the place to the ground? And I suppose the third innocently drinking while everyone's tryin' to save/level the place.

Perhaps not even setting the event real-time (as in the current setting time-frame that the CRT is in) but maybe...like an alternate reality that's just for laughs?

I dont know, nor do I mind. Since Siani's said no, the initial proposal is not suitable. So try a different approach, an alternate idea. IMHO you'll eventually find the compromise that suits if you both work at it.

I am going to go ahead and throw Gabe's comment back up.

Actually from experience as an observer and a WizO doing room counts such events are generally poorly received by the patrons. Sure the people participating have fun, but the people who don't feel like an unvalued underclass who were not only excluded but now have to suffer for it.

People could tolerate not having CRT for a while, but why should they have to tolerate it? Why should one group have the privilege of getting to mess up the setting, to the extent it's taken down for a few days, for their own amusement and another group be told they'll just have to tolerate it? They come here to have fun too.

Remove ads