• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

We were like gods once... BIG UPDATE Friday Nov 5!

ledded

Herder of monkies
Just wanted to check in...

Back from vacation where I did a bit of writing on various projects and things, but work has kept me busy since I returned. I am finishing up painting the remainder of my WW2 miniatures and whatnot this week so I've gotten inspired to try and get the next update done. Hopefully there will be an update soon, possibly by the end of the week.

Thanks for reading folks.

Angcuru

First Post
*see's Ledded's post just as he finishes applying the tourniquet in preparation for his injection of Story Hour Substitute Serum*

Oh, good timing there. I can wait a bit longer ;)

pogre

Legend
ledded said:
Just wanted to check in...

Back from vacation where I did a bit of writing on various projects and things, but work has kept me busy since I returned. I am finishing up painting the remainder of my WW2 miniatures and whatnot this week so I've gotten inspired to try and get the next update done. Hopefully there will be an update soon, possibly by the end of the week.

Thanks for reading folks.

Be sure to post pictures ;)

Angcuru

First Post
[echo]....then what happened?.....[/echo]
The world's supply of Cheese Whiz exploded in a big cheezy explosion, and nacho sales skyrocketed to meet the cleanup demand. Which, mind you was not as high as the demand for an update. :]

ejja_1

First Post
A gnome in a flashy white disco suit, eats tacos and hot wings while the laser show dazzles the youth of estonia.
And the speakers go BUMP BUMP Bada bada bada BUMP BUMP BUMP!

Famous Gnome hand model Spiro endorses the Crossfire Story Hour, see what all the fuss is about!

ejja_1

First Post
*BUMPBUMPBUMPBUMP*
Cant wait to see what you and the others have in store. You are blessed with an awesome group, I know alot of people who would kill to game with you guys! The three story hours I read are all by members of your group, are you sure you guys are from this planet? Incredible stuff!
*BUMPBUMPBUMPBUMP*
(Damn gnome and his boom box....)

Medallions... WOW!, Gods... WOW! Inspiring stuff. Just read it all in one sitting. Almost makes me want to descend into all that Alabama heat and humidity in hopes that great gaming and writing are a side effect of the environment.

looking very forwardly to an update.

BTW: A small point in John's origin story way back in the beginning. You mention the first world war as 'World War I' when John's admiring his grandpa's flying skills. Up until the outbreak of WWII, no one called it WWI, they just called it the Great War or some such. Silly humans thought we couldn't ever do something like THAT again. It's a small point but since the rest of your story is so dern with it on the details I thought you might care.

Again, extra heapings of kudos on a great story.

ledded

Herder of monkies
Captain Claymore said:
Medallions... WOW!, Gods... WOW! Inspiring stuff. Just read it all in one sitting. Almost makes me want to descend into all that Alabama heat and humidity in hopes that great gaming and writing are a side effect of the environment.

looking very forwardly to an update.
Thanks. I think the biggest thing about our games is that they are often more fun to play than the Story Hour comes across 99% of the time. Some things such as mood and off-topic or out-of-game conversation and hilarity just can't be captured in a story, but the guys I play with are so good that the stories halfway write themselves. Yeah, I think the humidity must cause a lot of the insanity that propels our creative engines. Because it's not the heat... it's the humidity that gets ya.

Captain Claymore said:
BTW: A small point in John's origin story way back in the beginning. You mention the first world war as 'World War I' when John's admiring his grandpa's flying skills. Up until the outbreak of WWII, no one called it WWI, they just called it the Great War or some such. Silly humans thought we couldn't ever do something like THAT again. It's a small point but since the rest of your story is so dern with it on the details I thought you might care.
Holy crap, you are so right, and I'm usually such a friggin' stickler for things like that (authenticity is in the *details*, man!). I will fix it, I can't believe I missed that when I posted. Definitely was not known as WWI until after WWII was over; The Great War, The Big One, The War to End All Wars, any of those would suffice. Thanks for pointing it out, it's details like that IMO that subtly help to suspend disbelief in a story that is otherwise quite fantastic. One of the reasons that OldDrewId's Medallions is so darn good is the level of research and detail crafting that goes into it.

Again, extra heapings of kudos on a great story.
Thanks again. I am going to *try* to get that long-promised update done soon, but with the way work has been I really havent had the time to get back to it and finish it up, plus I've had a couple actual side projects getting in the way of any writing for fun and pleasure.

Remove ads