• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wealth modifier to money

Death

First Post
I intend to GM a fallout campaign, where buying with wealth modifier just doesn't fits. You can't get anything there, just limited resources. Do you know for some Wealth DC to money conversion that has been made?

Thank you for your reply.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
The Game Mastering Section (p 204) has a table with purchase DCs and the corresponding $ value. But there are gaps in that: e.g. PDC 15 equals $500, 16 is $650. If you want different values for DC 15 equipment, you have to vary that.

Also, financial rewards are expressed in wealth bonus increases, not fixed $ values.

On the d20 M website on wizards.com, there is an article about the Wealth system, where they have a formula to translate those increases into a firm value.

My best advice is to use the Charts from D&D or Star Wars d20, maybe multiply by a certain factor, and then use approximate values for the goods (by using the above-mentioned table: A Desert Eagle would be at around $1.200 for example, and ammo $ 40 per 50 bullets.)

NeuroZombie

Explorer
Either that or look into another modern rpg, many free online, and grab their eq lists and simply cut out items that you either a) don't want to add or b) don't have stats (such as some weapons). A few minutes work for a complete list.

Actually, now that I think of it, the deadEarth setting has a free version that I think has al of their eq. May give you a good base.

Of course, its been awhile since I looked at it...

www.deadearth.com register and go to downloads

chatdemon

First Post
Here's my take on the conversion away from the Wealth system:

Wealth Scores to Cash Money
I would've just posted it here, but I can't do an html table on the boards and I'm not up to redoing the whole article. :cool:

In fact, that's the only thing on my d20M site right now, but I'll be adding more soon.

[EDIT] Oh, and btw, I haven't added the table for international currency conversions yet, but that info is readily available on the net, so it shouldn't cause too much hassle until I get a chance to update it.

Last edited:

Remove ads