weapon: bullwhip (proposal no longer needed)

B4cchus

Explorer
Here is a proposal for a new weapon, I need it for an adventure i am currently writing.

Bullwhip (exotic weapon)
Cost Dmg(s) Dmg(m) Critical Range Weight Type
20gp 1d4 1d6 x2 - 4lb Slashing
A Bullwhip has reach. You can strike opponents 10 feet away with it, but you can’t use it against an adjacent foe.
You can make trip attacks with a bullwhip. If you are tripped during your own trip attempt, you can drop the whip to avoid being tripped.
When using a bullwhip, you get a +2 bonus on opposed attack rolls made to disarm an opponent (including the roll to keep from being disarmed if the attack fails).

It differs from the whip in regards that is does lethal damage but lacks the 15'range. Also, you can't strike adjecent foes.

-edit: adjusted damage

Proposal scrapped as described below.

Last edited by a moderator:

El Jefe

First Post
Is there anything you need this for that providing an NPC with the feat, Delmontes Technique: Piercing Whip [General] wouldn't do?

B4cchus

Explorer
Hadn't looked at it. Good point. It would require some more feats, but i guess it would save the hassle of introducing a new weapon. In general, i require an opponent who can dish out some damage with a whip.
I'll settle with the feat and scrap this porposal for te sake of not polluting the LEW list of weapons just because of one NPC.

Remove ads