• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Weapon Proficiency?

realpantherman

First Post
I am a level 2 Dragonborn Fighter and i equiped myself with a Waraxe (characterbuilder program), it says it is +2 proficient. How do I know if this is legal or not? How do I know if I'm proficient in something?

Thanks

twilsemail

First Post
In your class's description it will list with which weapons or classes of weapons you are proficient. In the case of the fighter, you are proficient in Simple Melee, Military Melee, Simple ranged and Military ranged (PHB p. 75).

The Waraxe, found in the Adventurer's Vault, is a Superior Weapon. As such you would need to take the feat "Weapon Proficiency: Waraxe" in order to benefit from its proficiency bonus.

This can also be found in individual item (i.e. Fighter and Waraxe) descriptions in the character builder.

aurance

Explorer
A waraxe is a superior weapon. Look on your summary to see if you have a feat called "superior weapon proficiency: waraxe."

The default proficiencies for each class are listed in the PHB/PHB2/PHB3 in front of each class description.

Smurtis

First Post
From my experience, as long as you leave the CB search/filter settings as default, you will only see items/weapons/armor that you are able to equip...

Remove ads